Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So this for a residential water tank supplied home. Tanks are about 150 yards away and about 50 feet above the home. This guys house is at the top of the hill so he has terrible pressure. There is an .5 hp Amtrol setup. Thesed things are small....this is NOT like a well setup, this is a cheap little fix to his 20 psi problem. Target pressure cutoff is 70....20 psi swing on that switch. Was wondering what your favorite brands are.....I have seen a few of these Amtrol bladders fail at about the 5 year mark. They carry a 2 yr warranty. Thx

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Hmm. Ive put in a ton of amtrol bladder tanks. Haven't had a fail yet. Something in your water not agreeing with the bladders?

I run baasically a shallow well set-up at my home for pressure boosting. We have about 45 psi at the street. I run a 1 hp flint walling stainless steel pump and 2 89 gallon amtrol bladder tanks. Cut in 59 / cut out 79.

I like the setup and have used it numerous other places. Make sure to get a SS pump instead of cast. Cast will make the water rusty colored after soaking on the pump overnight.

Amtrol makes a small pressure-riser set-up that works ok for a small house. Pump runs pretty often though. Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amtrol makes a small pressure-riser set-up that works ok for a small house. Pump runs pretty often though. Good luck:thumbsup:
That's exactly what this guy has...and this thing is running often (when it was running correctly)

http://www.goodwaterwarehouse.com/cat/8_acp.shtml

This is basically the replacement for what he has now, I was looking for a little more storage. As I was leaving he told me he recently had a RO system installed under the kit sink.......

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Just figure your total head and look on the pump curve for pump sizing. Bigger the better on tanks IMO. I would rather run the pump long not very often than short cycle it constantly. Thats wears out pumps, switches , and bladders.

I've got a pump curve sizing chart somewhere if you can't find one.

·
Banned
383 Posts
Hi all,

So this for a residential water tank supplied home. Tanks are about 150 yards away and about 50 feet above the home. This guys house is at the top of the hill so he has terrible pressure. There is an .5 hp Amtrol setup. Thesed things are small....this is NOT like a well setup, this is a cheap little fix to his 20 psi problem. Target pressure cutoff is 70....20 psi swing on that switch. Was wondering what your favorite brands are.....I have seen a few of these Amtrol bladders fail at about the 5 year mark. They carry a 2 yr warranty. Thx
in that situation, where there is a natural 20psi head pressure i would recommend the grundfos mq pump. ive used them in similar situations w/ good luck. if you want to know more about the unit let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts