Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for input on the interception of solids (silt) on a sink that services a pottery shop sink. First of all, is interception necessary?, how might I go about it? and are there code requirements in the state of Massachusetts?

·
The Old (antique) Master
2,246 Posts
In Massachusetts anyway and I assumed the rest of the civilized world every sink with very few exeptions needs to be trapped and vented.
Am I getting stupid or what? Did I miss something here?

The answers to his post don't make sense ... Sounds like replies to a DIY.
But I checked profile ... Looks Legit ... I did not see an intro posted.
So maybe I'm wrong. Pottery Sink Trap?
I have done a lot of dental work -- would not a plaster trap suffice
for clay slick? Sorry if this post pisses anybody off.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I am looking for input on the interception of solids (silt) on a sink that services a pottery shop sink. First of all, is interception necessary?, how might I go about it? and are there code requirements in the state of Massachusetts?
Of course there are code requirements in the state of Massachusetts.

Aren't you a licensed professional bound by the code? If you are, why wouldn't you have a code book?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
We have a couple of pottery traps that we have to clean out at least once a year... I would say it's extremely important to have an interceptor.

·
The Old (antique) Master
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Not a plumber^^

Reactions: ROCKSTARPLUMBER
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.