Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Your plumber will be able to explain it when he hooks everything up.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Or She. More chicks need to get into the trades.

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Tango, I noticed that this full blood moon has really drawn in the novices
to ask fool questions....
a very powerful moon yesterday
More than ever! it was the lunar eclipse yesterday! Had one accent asking for a price, I was fed up that day, and there's no price without seeing the job but he kept nagging so I said should be under a 1000$ and he said what 800$? I'll go see for 200$. He gave up

Then got an accent woman once again right off the bat for a price, her husband tried to replace the vanity and the pipes didn't line up and the faucet didn't fit. I said 125$ for the estimate. She said 125$ for the job. No! Why the F do they all play that stupid game. I said it'll be over a 1000$, she got the message. I blocked at least 20 in the last 2 weeks. I never seen so many price shoppers even for water heater that no one has in stock. My supplier has been out of stock for 2-3 weeks. I think the next one who ask for a water heater price I'll just shoot 3K since I have 1.

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
I'm holding 20 or more water heaters (6 tankless units as well) right now. The shortages are not a bad thing.
When the supplier receive some, a contractor cannot buy more than 8 per month. Same rationing for ABS. It would be a good thing for shortage but weirdly now that the water heaters are rare people are shopping price 600% more than before and when I ask for pics they don't it and throw a fit demanding a price sight unseen.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,712 Posts
When the supplier receive some, a contractor cannot buy more than 8 per month. Same rationing for ABS. It would be a good thing for shortage but weirdly now that the water heaters are rare people are shopping price 600% more than before and when I ask for pics they don't it and throw a fit demanding a price sight unseen.

I can get all the Rheem heaters I want at this point.... Have about 25 in stock and 2 different
supply house salesmen are begging me to buy from them.....

Bradfords seem to be in short supply...

Is this just a Canada problem??

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
I can get all the Rheem heaters I want at this point.... Have about 25 in stock and 2 different
supply house salesmen are begging me to buy from them.....

Bradfords seem to be in short supply...

Is this just a Canada problem??
I don't know if it's only canada but we have a shortage of everything, you guys are hoarding all the materials for texas or something. Just the wood, the other day I had to buy a 2x3" which was about 2.41$ well I paid 9.81$ with taxes on the damn thing! That however my GF told me it wasn't a shortage (because we have tons of forests) but the news said lumber industries are hoarding it to drive prices up.

The resin factory in texas froze so we don't have too much abs pipe or fittings and I have to run around all over. A lot of other shortages too like plastic pex fittings.

Water heaters I'd say my supplier had some in stock for 3-4 months out of 8! I might have to start buying rheem at HD. Then again all I get are price shoppers, I tell you the next one who just wants a price will be 2-3K just for the hell of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts