Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my apprentice this AM to work on a rough-in. I left him with my drill, then I stepped out to an elderly client(about 15-20 mins away) to quickly re&re her KT faucet (sight unseen), no big deal…
Easily removed the old faucet..
“BASTARD!”
The counter only had 2 holes drilled for the hot and cold, no CENTER hole… (I’d say 1/50 KT faucets I replace, need a counter/center hole drilled!)
FAK- and I didn’t have my drill..
So the clients late husband had 3 drills.
YAY!
Not- One cordless the was dead, one about 80 y/o but the chuck was too small, and the 3rd - there the handle was broken and it had wires hanging out..
$hitty, had to drive back to grab my drill just to drop in the new faucet!

Fah-Q Murphy, you can eat my azz!

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I set up my apprentice this AM to work on a rough-in. I left him with my drill, then I stepped out to an elderly client(about 15-20 mins away) to quickly re&re her KT faucet (sight unseen), no big deal…
Easily removed the old faucet..
“BASTARD!”
The counter only had 2 holes drilled for the hot and cold, no CENTER hole… (I’d say 1/50 KT faucets I replace, need a counter/center hole drilled!)
FAK- and I didn’t have my drill..
So the clients late husband had 3 drills.
YAY!
Not- One cordless the was dead, one about 80 y/o but the chuck was too small, and the 3rd - there the handle was broken and it had wires hanging out..
$hitty, had to drive back to grab my drill just to drop in the new faucet!

Fah-Q Murphy, you can eat my azz!
I have two cordless vsr drills on the van, a chuck to go in my cordless hammer drill, and then there's my corded ra drill ;) Always have a backup drill.

As far as how Mr.Murphy's law treats me, seem like the past 6 months I have been constantly putting my dirt where the lid actually is. Or digging in circles around the lid. Oh well, I guess I could use the practice :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Showed up to a job today and they need a direct-vent water heater not an atmospheric. Where do I start? FAH

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I had to locate a septic tank today. Yard was roughly 75'x150'. There was one bush/small tree in the middle of the backyard. Guess where the middle lid was.......

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,891 Posts
Murphys law is how I know that their is a higher power....a divine creator.....

I just laugh and say to myself
ok, I see you are /ucking me me today.......then I try to for-see
ahead of time things that might get laid in my path to deal with...

I know I will never win the lottery, but I know that somehow , someway
something will be missing in the faucet box that the homeowner supplies.
at 4.45 on a friday evening....

I dont like to think of it as being screwed by Murphys law, l like to think of it
that I am being tested ---- and for what purpose I have not got a clue....

·
Registered
Plumber
259 Posts
10 gallon commercial water heater install today under a sink.

Address took me to an ER completely full park. Turns out address was wrong by about a 30 min drive. Oh well. So I get to the right address and it's very old building Otis the elevator can barely hold me and the dolly with the heater.

Heater install went smoothly however the tail piece on the sink had a broken nut and was leaking. I pointed it out and the client wants me to fix. No problem I say.. I will do it AS A COURTESY.

Bled the air out of the water after the install and what do you know the sink is clogged.

Ok.. so I drain the sink and try to remove the tail piece and the flange starts spinning. It's a small one and I have it on my truck. Ok no problem. Go to remove the trap and black thick goop explodes outta trap covering everything. **** me.

Start cleaning it up and use my 20ft hand snake to clear drain. go 20 ft.

New tail piece and hooked up. Turn on water and sink is still clogged. ****..

I drain the sink again.. removed the tail piece. And snake through the trap that's full of water so I can see when I get the clog. Hand snake mind you. Go 20 feet. Water won't drop. Go to retrieve the cable and the copper drain breaks off at the wall and more black goop goes everywhere. ****!!!!

Go get a trap kit with fernco.. and my k-400.

Put my cable in and feed 20 ft in... now I hear the cable in the ceiling...God fraking jassus!.. pull my cable back and the mother fracking end has broken off leaving steel wire inside of cable frayed.. my drop leg I now in the sewer pipe..

****ing **** everywhere.

I hooked up the drain and luckily it drained but **** what a nightmare.

Hair Head Hand Muscle Goggles

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
10 gallon commercial water heater install today under a sink.

Address took me to an ER completely full park. Turns out address was wrong by about a 30 min drive. Oh well. So I get to the right address and it's very old building Otis the elevator can barely hold me and the dolly with the heater.

Heater install went smoothly however the tail piece on the sink had a broken nut and was leaking. I pointed it out and the client wants me to fix. No problem I say.. I will do it AS A COURTESY.

Bled the air out of the water after the install and what do you know the sink is clogged.

Ok.. so I drain the sink and try to remove the tail piece and the flange starts spinning. It's a small one and I have it on my truck. Ok no problem. Go to remove the trap and black thick goop explodes outta trap covering everything. **** me.

Start cleaning it up and use my 20ft hand snake to clear drain. go 20 ft.

New tail piece and hooked up. Turn on water and sink is still clogged. ****..

I drain the sink again.. removed the tail piece. And snake through the trap that's full of water so I can see when I get the clog. Hand snake mind you. Go 20 feet. Water won't drop. Go to retrieve the cable and the copper drain breaks off at the wall and more black goop goes everywhere. ****!!!!

Go get a trap kit with fernco.. and my k-400.

Put my cable in and feed 20 ft in... now I hear the cable in the ceiling...God fraking jassus!.. pull my cable back and the mother fracking end has broken off leaving steel wire inside of cable frayed.. my drop leg I now in the sewer pipe..

*ing * everywhere.

I hooked up the drain and luckily it drained but **** what a nightmare.

View attachment 130585

That picture is cropped uncomfortably low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts