Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im new to the field and even newer to plumbingzone. I will be taking over a plumbing business in philadelphia in 5 years when my old man retires. Ive searched far and wide to figure out what the technical name for the missile, aka bullet, that bores holes in the ground in order to feed copper through it for water lines. Ours needs to be serviced or replaced. Any info or suggestions on either would be great since its been serviced 3 times now and keeps braking.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone use this tool, or even know what Im talking about. OR How do you drill holes for new water lines? Topic open for discussions on tips, tricks, or suggestions to help a guy new in the field. Thanks.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
My great-grandfather used to hold his .22 rifle above a water heater to "shoot" a plumb hole through the roof.....

This useless memory brought to you by ILP...

Reactions: Epox

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
What, this?

Do what Mr. Biz said, and we'll talk

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant post in intro. I doubt Id get help from new plumbers. I asked a 25 year veteran today, he couldnt give me the technical term. I dont think anyone knows what this is or where it came from....

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I'll prolly be sorry, but why, pray tel, can't you post an intro?

You ignorant? Or scared?

Im originally from Philly. I know how we can be.

And 25 year don't mean jack, chief.

I got what you are talking about.

·
Banned
6,035 Posts
SewerRat said:
Honestly, I know what that is and what it's called. So does Bryce, John, and many more I am sure. But, the rules are the rules, look around, everyone on here either posted an intro in the intro section or got the runaround just like this.
After a "lmgtfy" moment, i now know too. Life isn't fair...

:laughing:

The following user wishes to thank U666A for this useful post: Mississippiplum

·
Registered
449 Posts
I cant post in intro. I doubt Id get help from new plumbers. I asked a 25 year veteran today, he couldnt give me the technical term. I dont think anyone knows what this is or where it came from....
Are you challenged in some way? There is a experienced man with a picture of the tool in the previous post. I think he, and others here, can help you. Besides, I want to know more about this type of tool. Intro please.

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
I cant post in intro. I doubt Id get help from new plumbers.......I dont think anyone knows what this is or where it came from....
You are probably right. The Plumbers on the Zone are all rookies and way too green to know what you are talking about.

·
Banned
6,035 Posts
plbgbiz said:
You are probably right. The Plumbers on the Zone are all rookies and way too green to know what you are talking about.
What's that tool thingy being held by the kind looking fellow in your avatar Mr. Johnson?

·
Banned
6,035 Posts
plbgbiz said:
It is my "Water Shutter Offer" tool.
If you don't know, you can just say so, John...

Reactions: plbgbiz

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Do you have a question regarding plumbing techniques, tools, or equipment? Highly qualified experts are STANDING BY to answer your most technical questions! For answers to your most difficult plumbing questions register ABSOLUTELY FREE* at http://www.plumbingzone.com/f3/! Two minutes could save you hours of frustration and allow you to call on hundreds of years of combined plumbing experience of our trusted professionals. Again, that's http://www.plumbingzone.com/f3/. Plumbingzone.com - your most complete source of plumbing industry advice, anywhere. Post an intro today.*

*Site is for professionals engaged in installation, repair, and maintenance of DWV, water, gas, and HVAC systems only. All rights reserved. See Site Rules and Instructions for more details.

:whistling2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive been plumbing for 6 years, I consider myself "new". I just assumed the people in intro have been doing this for <6months, Im not saying anyone on here doesnt know anything...

...Just what I need... piss off the admins on my first thread lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts