Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Jersey requires 4 years of school to get your license. I want to know what Rockland County NY wants for you to get a license because i don't have the time to attend classes. Plus I already know how the wet vent and and rough a slab.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Wet venting and roughing in a slab is one thing, trying to get vents to go where they do not fit is another.

By the way, welcome. How about an intro from you in our intro section? It helps take the edge off so others can get to know you a bit better.

http://www.plumbingzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
New Jersey requires 4 years of school to get your license. I want to know what Rockland County NY wants for you to get a license because i don't have the time to attend classes. Plus I already know how the wet vent and and rough a slab.

What do you do when its a crawl space? :whistling2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow your a real pro then
What im trying to say hot shot is that i deal with code every day. Attending class would be nothing more than a review. A prep class for the test would be beneficial. But I want to circumvent classes i don't really need.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
What im trying to say hot shot is that i deal with code every day. Attending class would be nothing more than a review. A prep class for the test would be beneficial. But I want to circumvent classes i don't really need.
Easy big guy, demanding info before an intro isnt the way to make freinds around here....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Contact Rockland County, unless someone here can answer specifically for them, you're asking the wrong folks. They will ask you for your paperwork and experience, etc. and make a decision from that as to what more they will require for you to sit a test.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts

Sounds like a young one if you ask me..........................

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts

Yeppers.............a young one I say...............

You know whats funny, I am taking a code class here, 8 months long, on the 2006 UPC, I took this same class for the 2003 UPC, 3 years ago, yes, nothing really changed, but I do it for refresher, things get forgotten. Trust me, after running all day, most of the time 6 days a week, sometimes 7,that Tuesday and Thursday Nite 5:30-9pm class is a pain, but I owe it to the trade. You never know everything, just because you do something all the time, does not mean you are doing everything all the time to know everything..........get my drift?

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Hey guys, been doing the family thing. What in the hell is going on?
Do all the crazys come out during the holidays. Leaks, sound like to me that if you learn at least half the stuff that I have forgot, then you might do okay.

I cannot even comment on this other post by, leeai?

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Hey Rockstar. I know you. :icon_biggrin:
I am leaving town tomorrow ( Friday ). Going to Charlestown South Carolina till Tuesday. Will try to get online while there but don't know yet. I will elaborate more about things upon my return. Gotta keep you in suspense like Protech did.
:tt2:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Don't think pro-tech left me in suspense. I have a couple of ideas of who you may be. Unfortunately there are only a couple of guys i can think of in the trade here that know how to use a computer like the rest of us. Hope that you are not an old helper of mine, then things may get uncomfortable:laughing:. Regaurdless, have a safe trip to and from charlestown.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
lol. No. We never worked together. Tell you in time. :icon_cheesygrin:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Read your intro, I think you have me confused with someone else.
Does not strike a chord with me, but maybe its all that pvc glue inhaled over the years.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went for my jersey license.. I went through the apprenticeship for 4years and 4months.. i took a city job at the time. and the local told me i couldnt graduate.. now years later i want my nj license and the apprenticeship will not issue me any paperwork for me to prove i did 4 years ... i dont know what to do but it makes me sick and pisses me off..

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I went for my jersey license.. I went through the apprenticeship for 4years and 4months.. i took a city job at the time. and the local told me i couldnt graduate.. now years later i want my nj license and the apprenticeship will not issue me any paperwork for me to prove i did 4 years ... i dont know what to do but it makes me sick and pisses me off..
Can you settle it favorably in court?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts