Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Myrtle Beach, SC

The best way to get to know me is to read the letter I posted on my website for my customers. Some parts have been shortened.

I have worked in the plumbing industry for over 30 years and have seen many changes - some for the better and others for the worse. . . . . When I started in the industry, we took seriously the plumber's motto "Plumber's protect the health of a nation." Quality workmanship and doing the job right were not optional. It was mandatory and expected. Plumbers were properly trained, highly skilled, and supervised. We were not permitted to 'practice plumbing' until we had pprenticed four years under a Master Plumber. I am forever grateful to the Master Plumber who trained and mentored me in the field of plumbing. His knowledge and wisdom live on today as I continue passing on his knowledge to the next generation.

It saddens me to see what passes for a 'Plumber' today. Carrying a pipe wrench and knowing the vocabulary do not make a plumber. There are too many so called plumbers that have not been adequately trained, supervised, or tested. This group has given true plumbers a bad reputation. A true plumber has 'paid his dues' and is to be respected.

Another trend makes me long for the 'good old days.' Customer service seems to have disappeared. Often I find myself asking "Does anyone care anymore?" Many do not. That's a real shame. Call me old-fashioned, I still CARE!

At Fogarty & Fogarty Plumbing we put our customer's needs first. . . . .
It is my desire to make old fashioned service and quality the norm, not the exception. Meeting my customer's needs is one of my top priorities. . . .

Rob Fogarty
Master Plumber

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi Rob

Welcome aboard the Zone. Hope you like this place.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome Plumber Jim & Ron. Seems like you have a great mix of characters.

I hope to contribute my experiences and look forward to learning from everyone. One thing I've learned is that you never stop learning.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Welcome to the Zone. There is definetly a mixture of "characters" here:laughing:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hello and Welcome . ! I like your lead in !

Cal

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome Rob! Diggin' the intro...

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to see there are still some of us older guys around who take pride in their work. I've met some younger plumbers who have the work ethic that I was raised with. I wouldn't give you a bucket of steam for the other half. :laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts