Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few rules for the Plumbers Swap area.

Plumbers only

• No Retailers or Wholesalers.

Established Members only

• If you just joined please do not post in this section. This is not craigslist and we aren't looking for people to use the site that way.

Used Tools, Equipment and Extra Supplies Only

• The idea of this section is for Plumbers who have tools and equipment they no longer need to sell them. If in a rare case you have a new tool that you purchase and don't want that's fine but this should be very rare. This should be a place to sell used tools.
Buy and Sell At Your Own Risk

• PlumbingZone.com is not responsible for any items bought or sold in this section. Buy or sell at your own risk.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Here are a few rules for the Plumbers Swap area.

Plumbers only

• No Retailers or Wholesalers.
Used Tools Only

• The idea of this section is for Plumbers who have tools and equipment they no longer need to sell them. If in a rare case you have a new tool that you purchase and don't want that's fine but this should be very rare. This should be a place to sell used tools.
Buy and Sell At Your Own Risk

• PlumbingZone.com is not responsible for any items bought or sold in this section. Buy or sell at your own risk.
No excess parts? Tools only? Just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just edited the rules some. I'm trying to avoid two things with these rules. I don't want retailers to take advantage of this... and I don't want some guy who steals tools for a living to make this his new home. We had something like this happen on another site.

So, frankly your fine to sell anything plumbing related on this site. But if you show up every other day with a new tool that your trying to sell we may throw a red flag. Make sense?

In other words your fine to sell that stuff.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
I just edited the rules some. I'm trying to avoid two things with these rules. I don't want retailers to take advantage of this... and I don't want some guy who steals tools for a living to make this his new home. We had something like this happen on another site.

So, frankly your fine to sell anything plumbing related on this site. But if you show up every other day with a new tool that your trying to sell we may throw a red flag. Make sense?

In other words your fine to sell that stuff.
Thanks. And it could easily be a guy selling parts off his boss's truck. I think we will do a fairly good job keeping an eye out for that. Too many owners on here to let that slide very far.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
What if you are looking to buy something?

Can you post whatever wanted?

I'm just curious, I have some stuff left from when I dissolved my business that I will probably never use, but I wouldn't sell it unless someone I was familiar with needed it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, no problem. Just put something like WANTED: in the title.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Please keep you post updated, if post is no longer valid and or completed say so, so we can close the thread off.

Thanks

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
Further clarification:

This is not craigslist or ebay. The Swap section is for established members of the Zone only. Single posts from new members to sell items will be viewed as spam and treated accordingly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a small company that had gone south in the last year and I'm looking at selling off new hand tools and what not... Why can't I offer some of my tools on here at half the price for the members? I'm not a retailer, it's not stolen stuff, I just would like to liquidate all my tools.

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
It is not so much a set number as it is how you are likely to be perceived by the members in general.

Does your engagement on the PZ indicate you are mostly interested in being a contributor to the discussions and adding to the wealth of knowledge here?

-OR-

Are you just making the bare minimum (or less) contributing posts, just so you can use the PZ as your own personal Craig's List?

Quality of posts by far outweigh quantity.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If anyone sees a piece of 4" X 10' section of L copper pipe. Please let me know. Just as Nathan stated there very well could be someone selling his boss's materials ! Well that went missing not to long ago !! Of course everyone knows nothing about it !

·
Registered
Plumber, Retired 40 years
119 Posts
Looks like this forum rarely gets used
I m retired. so am no longer in need of a tool box full of drill bits
i have 1, milwaukee 4 5/8 self feed, no nail dings
1 milwaukee 3 /8 self fed no nail dings
bunch of 2 9/16 some new. 1 1/2 1'' water bits self fed
msonary bits sds and chuck type
arbors,
if anyone is interested i can trot them out and take pictures