Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Ridgid 1210 Oil Free machine about 4 years ago. This machine has been a great tool for threading pipe 1/2"-1" without oil. It's small and weights only about 40 lbs.
We use it for small gas jobs when we don't want to haul out the Thread-o-matic and there is more then a few threads to cut and a hand die would be too much work.
It's easy to haul around and no need to drain any oil. The dies are cooled by a reservoir of coolant that evaporates on contact with the hot dies and leaves no oily residue.

Great tool!

·
Banned
239 Posts
ive seen thoes in the ridgid catalog never knew how they worked.........

i lug a ridgid 300 around cause my 700 and tristand got ripped off also have a ratchet threader and a vise mounted in my cube van for random cuts.......

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
We use the 1822 on 2" and down. Still using the 141 for 2 1/2" - 4" driven by a 700. Mostly welded or Vic on that stuff now though.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid $1300 new for the Ridgid 1210. It came with the dies for 1/2-3/4 in an adjustable chuck, with loose 1" dies and I added another chuck for the 1" dies. It would have been a pain to change out the die sizes each time. It also came with a collapsible stand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own the Ridgid 300 and die sized through 1 1/2". Thats about as big as I go most of the time. I also have the collapsible tripod chain vise. And a pipe vise attached to the truck.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I own the Ridgid 300 and die sized through 1 1/2". Thats about as big as I go most of the time. I also have the collapsible tripod chain vise. And a pipe vise attached to the truck.
We use our tri-vices for everything. That is one tool that gets used to hold everything. When I don't have one on-site. We sure do miss it.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
We use a 300, and since we work in buildings that still require galvanized waste and vent, we keep dies through 2". Anything over two inch will be service weight cast iron, I am here to pound the lead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts