Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Its been a LONG time, too long.

I wanted to jump back in the mix and say hello to some familiar people and introduce myself to the newbies here too. I used to be very active on a few of these forums and then tapered off after i sold my sewer company some time ago.

I went to work for LMK Technologies who is a trenchless lining supply company who i used to install for when i had my business. I was asked to join their sales team and manage their plumber/drain cleaner market for them which i did for a little over 2 years. In that time i was introduced to Picote Solutions and their line of amazing tools for our industry. They were keeping them a secret there in Finland. Long story short - i now work for them as their Worldwide Technical Director and i am now based in Hartwell, Ga.

I have seen some buzz about the Picote tools here and elsewhere and thought id give you the chance to ask me some questions. As many of you know, i have some real experience with drain cleaning, plumbing and pipe lining. I also worked for Spartan Tool for a short time. (Man i am still in love with the 1065)

Anyway, Picote offers some seriously awesome drain cleaning tools and they are changing the way many people approach cleaning pipe. Trust me, I was VERY skeptical at first and was for some time after until i really got my hands on this stuff away from a controlled demo environment. Some of you have these tools and you know what i mean.

OK, enough already, ask away and i will do my best to get answers, pics, videos or whatever else you are wondering about.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bryce, I cant get you pricing as Picote doesn't sell direct. You would need to buy from one of our three re-sellers. LMK sells our stuff so id suggest them. They can get you a quote. Tell your sales guy to call me and ill explain what you need if it helps.

BTW - our CEO lives in Sammamish!

·
nodigohio
692 Posts
You have to get the chain cuda! My picote moved in to the house with me! I had her in the garage with my special no employee touches them tools but she has been making me money so the leather sofa had to go. She has her own tv and a cozy fireplace when shes not hard at work. I Think the finns beat us on this one as i said before its one of the best money making tools on the market.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
You have to get the chain cuda! My picote moved in to the house with me! I had her in the garage with my special no employee touches them tools but she has been making me money so the leather sofa had to go. She has her own tv and a cozy fireplace when shes not hard at work. I Think the finns beat us on this one as i said before its one of the best money making tools on the market.
Which chain cutter? the cyclone?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our Re-sellers are HammerHead, LMK Technologies and Perma-Liner Industries.

Here's the scoop on the chains - The Original chain is what you want to start with. It is more aggressive and will remove most of what you want gone. If you need to a pilot bit can be attached to the front as well to burrow its way into a blockage.

The Cyclone chain is a finishing chain normally, however i do have guys using it to start with. It will refinish the inside of cast iron back to bare metal and clean any straggler roots left hanging. They spin with so much force they basically float in the pipe. Its INSANE! these things are my favorite cleaning tool ever!

If it were me id have both 2" through 6" and run them off the high speed milling machine. 2" does require a smaller cable though.

·
nodigohio
692 Posts
I got mine from hammerhead. Hes not kidding about cleaning the pipe back to new. The first time i used it was on a liner job at a college and it was heavily scaled cast. Almost no flow. We pulled out almost a five gallon bucket of scale dust out of the line. The nice thing is you can run your camera right behind it while your scaling. Ive been marketing de-scaling jobs for the last 2 months and it has been a great success. Sometimes we dont even line.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Our Re-sellers are HammerHead, LMK Technologies and Perma-Liner Industries.

Here's the scoop on the chains - The Original chain is what you want to start with. It is more aggressive and will remove most of what you want gone. If you need to a pilot bit can be attached to the front as well to burrow its way into a blockage.

The Cyclone chain is a finishing chain normally, however i do have guys using it to start with. It will refinish the inside of cast iron back to bare metal and clean any straggler roots left hanging. They spin with so much force they basically float in the pipe. Its INSANE! these things are my favorite cleaning tool ever!

If it were me id have both 2" through 6" and run them off the high speed milling machine. 2" does require a smaller cable though.
If the cyclone is that much better then why use the original? Any advantage?

My biggest concern with descaling is coming out the pipe. Is this a legit concern?

Can the cyclone be used to cut liners out of clay pipe?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
nvm---i found the videos that aren't very explanatory

·
nodigohio
692 Posts
I use the cyclone on everything. But im kind of lazy. No really i havent used the original at all so i cant answer. As for coming out of the cast i havent had one problem. Possible? Dont think so. Could happen? Dont want to know. I will say this.my buddy jetted for 2 hrs with his mongoose jetter. He had it pretty clean to what we are used to. After i made 1 pass on the picote the pipe didnt even needed lined.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use the cyclone on everything. But im kind of lazy. No really i havent used the original at all so i cant answer. As for coming out of the cast i havent had one problem. Possible? Dont think so. Could happen? Dont want to know. I will say this.my buddy jetted for 2 hrs with his mongoose jetter. He had it pretty clean to what we are used to. After i made 1 pass on the picote the pipe didnt even needed lined.
I had a rep from lmk send me over pricing . HOLY SMOKES , BETTER START SAVING NOW BOYS BECAUSE THIS STUFF AINT CHEAP !:eek: The large milling machine has a distance of 110' and the others are approx half the distance . what machine / set up do you have dozer ?

·
Registered
863 Posts
That's funny! On Valentines I took my new 6k sondes out to dinner lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
jrsaltz said:
Hey everyone! Its been a LONG time, too long. I wanted to jump back in the mix and say hello to some familiar people and introduce myself to the newbies here too. I used to be very active on a few of these forums and then tapered off after i sold my sewer company some time ago. I went to work for LMK Technologies who is a trenchless lining supply company who i used to install for when i had my business. I was asked to join their sales team and manage their plumber/drain cleaner market for them which i did for a little over 2 years. In that time i was introduced to Picote Solutions and their line of amazing tools for our industry. They were keeping them a secret there in Finland. Long story short - i now work for them as their Worldwide Technical Director and i am now based in Hartwell, Ga. I have seen some buzz about the Picote tools here and elsewhere and thought id give you the chance to ask me some questions. As many of you know, i have some real experience with drain cleaning, plumbing and pipe lining. I also worked for Spartan Tool for a short time. (Man i am still in love with the 1065) Anyway, Picote offers some seriously awesome drain cleaning tools and they are changing the way many people approach cleaning pipe. Trust me, I was VERY skeptical at first and was for some time after until i really got my hands on this stuff away from a controlled demo environment. Some of you have these tools and you know what i mean. OK, enough already, ask away and i will do my best to get answers, pics, videos or whatever else you are wondering about.
Is this the Jake I know? He recently visited me here in Jacksonville

·
nodigohio
692 Posts
I got the maxi miller. No there not cheap but you get what you pay for. I can descale roughly 100 ft. In 20-25 minutes. Customer is looking at a total floor break out. I go in, im the hero and get a hero price.its all irrelevant. I just did a home show in cleveland and i sold about 21" de-scaling jobs". I had people who were ready to take the plunge and start breaking. Now i have customer for life. I will place the bet that it pays for itself in 2 months. Mine already has. Not to mention you can sewer clean, and re-instate liners, as well as grind out failed liners.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the cyclone is that much better then why use the original? Any advantage?

My biggest concern with descaling is coming out the pipe. Is this a legit concern?

Can the cyclone be used to cut liners out of clay pipe?
Ben - In the case where there is heavy build up you need to start with a smaller swing on the chains. The cyclone goes straight to open and begins more of a milling effect burrowing straight into the blockage.

If you start with the Original chain it will move to the center where the pipe is most open and shred its way to the inside wall of the pipe. Then if there is still some fine tuning needed the Cyclone will give you a smooth bore finish.

·
nodigohio
692 Posts
I cant believe how expensive those sondes are. But there a necesary evil. I remember when hammerhead shipped my pipe burster. I went down and picked it up and forgot to put the tailgate up. Roads where icy and off she came. It was like an american sniper moment dodging cars on the freeway dragging it to the side of the road. I was even more pissed i couldnt yell at one of my guys for it.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts