Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Plumbing Contractor
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this basically by myself except 2 day when my nefew came out and help me run 2500 ft of 1/2 pex pipe. My wife came out and help me carry the tub/shower units into the house. If you would like to see the floor plan go to www.dunvillecustomhomes.com click on floor plans then click on Henderzahs this would be the house I did. I have more pictures but they didn't turn out as good???

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
It's allot of money running those manifold systems.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
do those gas regulators have vents? or are they those with the little balls in them that don't need vented?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nice work ! May I ask ,,, Are you NOT required purple primer in your area ??

Well done !!

Cal

·
Plumbing Contractor
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cal:
1. Purple prime is reqired on sewer mains (outside of house) unless you use gasket type of fittings.
2. If your company has to many leaks on the drain systems in the house the inspector will require you to start to use purple primer. (probation period)

ILPlumber:
Vents are the little brass looking nuts on the top side of the reg on the out side of the reg. Blow up pic you will see them. IF we put the reg on there sides we have to run a clear hose from the brass nut to out side the house why ????? you got me!

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I think there is a stainless ball in there. I haven't taken one apart. You can see it down in there. Sometimes reg venting as a bigger job the the gas line itself.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Maybe it's a floor drain. UPC doesn't require vents on them;)

Reactions: mpl9747

·
Plumbing Contractor
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IYTG: Umm what tub drain???? If you are refering to the 1 1/2" P-trap that is below the ceiling in the basement, that would be the water softner drain.:yes:

But to answer your question here we run 3" throw in an 3x2 wye run 2" off of wye the throw in an 2x1 1/2 Wye take the Y side to the lav for vent and the butt end to the tub. I hope I explained that clearly. :blink:

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
ahhh, indirect waste i see. . . we're not required anything on them that is SPECIFIC to the backwash dump drain.

i hate the UPC, lol, it's so confusing to our code :(

most of the time, we just pipe them down in a floor drain.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
But, indirect waste in commercial buildings shall have trap primers and individually vented back to the branch vent.

on air handling units, we're allowed 1-3 condensate drains on a 1.5" open receptacle and 4-8 condensate lines on a 2" open receptacle. Pedicure chairs are 1-2 tailpieces can dump into a 2" open receptacle and 3-6 on a 3" open receptacle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
holy DWV spaghetti.
what was above the utility room that you couldn't run the vents up through that second floor, and what was on the 2" vent and the 2 1.5" vents running all along the basement wall?

beautiful pex work though.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Everyone has there way of doing things or different codes, so I won't touch the DWV.

The PEX makes me ask a question. Why all the fittings on the incoming? PEX's claim is less fittings and I've been told by reps and other installers to avoid them and curve the pipe. Less chance for joint leaks or flow restriction.

I know it doesn't look as good, but it performs better.

It's hard to think this way if coming from copper.

J.C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
down here in the south we love pex, i mean absolutely adore it... at first we all ran copper stubouts but most guys now just run pex straight out to the cutoff, to me copper looks beautiful, but even now we've gotten ridden of the 12" of copper off the wh.... so it's all plastic all the time,

all i can say is. is that no matter what pipe it is copper, pex, quest, brass fittings, copper fittings, plastic fittings, don't none of them hold up to hard water, it all bursts, all of it... the house i did in june where they've had 3 different carpet cleaning companies and 5 (supposed plumbers) out is just a mess of copper fixed with quest, quest fixed with pex, pex fixed with shark bites, shark bites to copper, and so on... All i know is even l type copper and brand new virgin pex can't withstand the powers that be yet... but that's what we're here for.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts