Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Aren't dues 1200.00/year? Not worth it. Customers wouldn't have a clue what it is, anyway. You can get their magazine for free.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Company I work for is a member. I haven't been directly involved but they use it for networking. They're always looking for ways to grow and it might only take one contact to generate a lot of future business.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Robert,

I am a long time member and supporter of the PHCC. The current President of the CAPHCC is a guy I have known for almost 20-years. As an individual I pay a little over $120 per month in dues.

Mark

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
What does 120 per/mo buy?

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
What does 120 per/mo buy?
It does not buy a lot for me anymore as I no longer have employees but it helps support their programs.

Our Chapter has an apprentices program which allows non-union plumbers to gain a 4-year journeyman's education in service and/or new construction. They also have Backwater classes and monthly guest speakers (+dinner for 2) from within the industry or in support of the industry to keep it's members up to date. The big thing they do is hold an annual trade show which is one of the best in the Country.

Mark

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I'm going to the KAPHCC convention this year, it's near me instead of Louisville this year.

I'm going for my Master's CEU's and my Backflow CEU's and call it a day. All I have to do is sign in at the expo at the Disney/McClaine booth and I get 3 credit hours. Cha-ching!

What's even better? I need to make my Delta rep real uncomfortable so when he sees me, he ignores me. I'm up to something but can't divulge; Delta faucets came a looking for me after posting a thread on Ridgid's site. :eek:

Whoever runs the PHCC chapter in my state sure makes it known that I really need to join, calling me yearly and dropping off tickets to the show.

Here's a statement I'd like clarity to; Am I really that important to the PHCC, or is my money....?

I thought in the beginning that I'd belong to all these plumbing institutions but the more I get along in this biz, I want to be singular, individual to my success or failure in business. I associate with other plumbers locally, get along with all of them at the meetings. I make sure I don't step on anyone's turf and in kind they do the same for me. We all have a job to do and that's the bottom line.

There's plenty of work for all of us, always. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts