Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum...Not sure if I'm supposed to introduce myself or if I can just go straight to my question...Here it goes.

I recently had my well water tested and my pH is 6.04. All of my plumbing is PEX and/or PVC. The main issue I'm looking to address is visible iron in the water which I'm planning to mitigate with a MBA-MM-10-1BYC3 Master Water Conditioner per recommendation from my local plumbing company (RJ Walker).

My question is ----> Do I need to address the low pH also and install a MP-NS-30TBYC3 Master neutralizer/softener combo? Our water tastes/smells good and we have no visible oxidation/corrosion/or blueish staining.

I live in NE Pennsylvania (Pocono's). Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
New to the forum...Not sure if I'm supposed to introduce myself or if I can just go straight to my question...Here it goes.

I recently had my well water tested and my pH is 6.04. All of my plumbing is PEX and/or PVC. The main issue I'm looking to address is visible iron in the water which I'm planning to mitigate with a MBA-MM-10-1BYC3 Master Water Conditioner per recommendation from my local plumbing company (RJ Walker).

My question is ----> Do I need to address the low pH also and install a MP-NS-30TBYC3 Master neutralizer/softener combo? Our water tastes/smells good and we have no visible oxidation/corrosion/or blueish staining.

if your not a plumbing professional you dont belong here..hire a well company to advise you..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Understood as No I'm not a professional. I'll have to search to see if there is a forum for the DIY hairy butt crack homeowner who prefers the challenge of installing equipment themselves.

Seems everything I've read online states that anything below 7 for a pH is a problem but all of those websites are selling equipment. I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Each full point on the PH scale is to the 10th degree. So 6.0 to 7.0 is ten times as acidic. But honestly you only really need to install a nuetralizer if you have copper and start to notice blue staining. I'd say your PH is decently close to neutral at 7 you should be good. I'd always recommend a 2nd opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts