Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working around some nasty stuff is part of this trade. No one really enjoys that aspect but we deal with it. One of the things that gets me really aggravated is when I have to work in these conditions not because something went wrong but because someone doesn't care.

So we are working in a new house and went to set up the fixtures. We find someone has been pissing on the plugged flanges. So after a nasty encounter with old stinky piss we have everything set up. Their is no water to the house yet so we tape all the seats down and put up signs in two languages "No water, do not use". Two weeks later we get the call that the water is on and we can go test everything. Guess what we find? The tape broken on all of the toilets and the trapways are filled with piss.

We filled them up and flushed them a couple of times but for whatever reason they still stink and of course are discolored. I imagine a good cleaning will fix that and I hope so because it is a decent bit of money (five Toto toilets). The GC wanted us to clean them for him because it was our fault somehow :confused1:. We told him he was warned this might happen when he asked us to set everything up with no water. I wonder what he thinks of his idea to impress the customer by having all the fixtures in early now that he gets to put on some rubber gloves and grab a toilet brush.

Urinating in a toilet that isn't hooked up and is obviously not hooked up is just plain disrespectful. In my opinion it's not a far cry from taking a leak on the light fixtures or paint brushes. For some reason though it's often tolerated. I really wish I knew who was doing it so I could go have a talk with him.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
I've done that, but we had water to flush with. There was a 5 gal bucket next to the crapper, and one needed to bring in enough water for his flush. GC had purchased a cheapo seat for 20 bucks...saves him from a portajon. Funny enough, the mexicans wouldn't use it, it was only used by the techs...not laborers.

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
I had problems with the electricians on a job once. There were pissing in the groundworks by pulling the test caps off as well as filling the sump pit which did not yet have the pump installed.
Tried complaining to the general with no success. The trick that finnaly worked was threatening to fill the outlet boxes with poop.

No problems since. Of course it may have been helped by the fact that one of my apprentices pissed all over the lighting fixtures that were stacked waiting for install that one time....... :whistling2:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I love it when the framers piss in our tub boxes during the framing. as if getting a tub box out wasnt a PITA to begin with.(sometimes) and whats with the guys pissing in the coke bottles and leaving them around on the floor, or sometimes on a window sill with no cap, have you ever smelled 30 day old piss. It doesnt smell good. It smell bad. Like 30 day old piss should smell.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Its bad enough when the gc schedules you to trim out a job a week in advance and when you get there on that day the tile guy, painter, and who ever else that uses water complains about you shutting it down. Or like you said, duct tape the toilet seats shut with a note explaining there is no sewer or septic hookup ( again, the gc's scheduling fault ) and when you come back to hook up the sewer, there is crap all over the ground.
I think some gc's need us plumbers to teach them a lesson in how to schedule subs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts