Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do penalty charge do give whenyou recieve a bad check? Got my first one yesterday but it was the customer who informed me of it. She paid me cash today and made good on the penalty I incurred with my bank but it still through me for a loop.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Hot checks used to :censored: me off . Don't happen much, and now we use tele-check to verify check before leaving cust. location. It's not perfect though, but what is?

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
What do penalty charge do give whenyou recieve a bad check? Got my first one yesterday but it was the customer who informed me of it. She paid me cash today and made good on the penalty I incurred with my bank but it still through me for a loop.
I would cut a lot of slack to someone who let me know themselves even though it pisses me off it happened to begin with.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
I had a guy write me a bad check he wouldn't make things right with me so I have hinch man named Tony I tell him so and so old me some money (example $260.00 Tony tells him to pay $300.00 or thing really bad can happpen to him:eek:! usually they seem to find money when they see him. I let him keep 10% of what ever he collects. ( I will loan Tony out to you, Soon as he get out of jail for breaking the last guys fingers one by one)

Just kidding:
I charge them $35.00 for return checks and for every month it 's late $50.00 more. I have a Lawyer send out a letter to them every once in a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts