Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any earthly idea what the dfu's would be for a pedicure station?

I'm going to relocate one in the morning as well as add a wall mount lav. The answer to the question will determine whether I can re-use the existing 1.5" drain for the pedicure station located in the crawl space or if I have to cut into a 4" ci stack about 6' away. I can't imagine that it would be more than 1 but I find no mention of it in the IPC.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You'll have to use the DFU's listed for the recommended trap size. If it drains to the floor, you're in 2" any way you slice it. If it drains to the rear, you can use 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" trap size.

I think all we have done we size 1-1/2" because of developed length to the vent. It just falls within the limit IIRC.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I've done several of them . The ones we used had a small pump to them , actually used 7/8" drain hose then adapted to 1 1/2" . It can't be more then 1 DFU . Pretty nice little piece of equipment .

Cal

·
Registered
344 Posts
Too late. Please observe a moment of silence for a fallen plumber. Well, for his beer anyway. I think he spilled it.

A spilled beer makes the baby Clydesdale cry.

·
Registered
468 Posts
What I have experienced with the pedicure outfits is not an issue with draingage, but with hot water! These mom and pop operators think they can put in a 4 gal. point of use and be OK! Best to refer them to the health dept. right away, who will inform them that they will be shut down if they come in anytime and find lack of hot water in the footbaths!

This poor guy has no idea how many gallons of hot water he needs to say run 10 pedicure baths, figure 2 clients per hour. He supposedly has the health dept. permit for the operation, but does not really know the regulations on water temp. Best to straighten him out right away. If you put in the little tank he wanted, then a week after he opens, he is whining at your door that he doesn't have enough hot water!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i like to put an indirect waste in and run them all separate into that, they seem to have a big problem with build up caused from the lotions and cleaners they use.

oh yeah and i agree with the guy on the hot water. they all try to retro fit in a lease space and don't want to upgrade.

·
Muck me?
700 Posts
I've done several of them . The ones we used had a small pump to them , actually used 7/8" drain hose then adapted to 1 1/2" . It can't be more then 1 DFU . Pretty nice little piece of equipment .

Cal
We've done those too. the inspector didnt want them, but its a complete unit and there is no other way to drain the pipe but with a pump.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Spilled a beer? Why thats alcohol abuse. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm looking at a job for a nail salon.

four pedicure chairs lined up in a row. Not worried about the waste but have a question on the water. Two of the chairs are older and they are buying two more with "backlow preventer built in".

I'm thinking two rpzs one hot, one cold, that just supply the ped chairs.

I'm mostly concerned with the two older chairs, all have hand helds.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm looking at a job for a nail salon.

four pedicure chairs lined up in a row. Not worried about the waste but have a question on the water. Two of the chairs are older and they are buying two more with "backlow preventer built in".

I'm thinking two rpzs one hot, one cold, that just supply the ped chairs.

I'm mostly concerned with the two older chairs, all have hand helds.

Thoughts?
Better get that one checked out with the local authority having jurisdiction(aka plumber who could not hack it/ inspector) . Here they would want one per chair , per hot line, per cold line.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have only plumbed them to a floor sink, not sure how to direct connect one with drain so low, must be a different model. 1.5'' is enough trap for direct, I would say 3 dfu's each. And Rp on h/c supplys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts