Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes we all have to pay them, but dang seems once you hit a certain weekly amount, it feels worthless to make more, seem like I work for the Government at that point in a week.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This is one of the downfalls of working as an employee, even for yourself. The nice part is, you're paying in more than your fair share and will get it back. We hope.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I started out at age 22 I knew nothing about paying taxes, so I just kept up with everything and payed a professional to do them for me. He also knew nothing about paying taxes and I got audited and had to do the audit on my own and it was bad. If I could do it over I would have put it off until I could find someone to represent me and I would never has signed any pappers that the IRS asked me to on my own. You would not believe the intrest and penalties that the IRS will charge you if you owe them any money after an audit, so make sure you are on the up and up on your income tax and social security. I now have a very good accountant and after incorperating she pays me a weekly check as an employee of my own company with the taxes and social security held out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
When I started out at age 22 I knew nothing about paying taxes, so I just kept up with everything and payed a professional to do them for me. He also knew nothing about paying taxes and I got audited and had to do the audit on my own and it was bad. If I could do it over I would have put it off until I could find someone to represent me and I would never has signed any pappers that the IRS asked me to on my own. You would not believe the intrest and penalties that the IRS will charge you if you owe them any money after an audit, so make sure you are on the up and up on your income tax and social security. I now have a very good accountant and after incorperating she pays me a weekly check as an employee of my own company with the taxes and social security held out.
Hi Kelly and welcome to the site.

And to think, that little course in business management only cost you how many thousands of dollars?

I'm afraid our industry is full of penny wise and pound foolish folks that will have to take the same class from the IRS you did Kelly. I'm sorry you went through that, but you're wiser now.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like so far this week, My net is close to $1500 and I'll pay over $500 in taxes alone, that 33%, of course I claim 0 deductions but at tax time I claim me and my wife, hope to get a good return.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I would be tickled to death to pay 33%. I'm workin for George W. dang near half the time. Then it gets wasted by our wondergul govt. Which is a whole nuther topic.:furious:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts