Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Their is one thing I hate about renovations and sometimes new construction and that's the dust. Being stuck in a dust filled building for eight hours at a time wearing a mask just plain sucks. Other then those days I don't mind it. I've never really come across the rush and cut corners type of contractors. All the contractors that we work for are willing to pay extra for quality and listen to almost any recommendation that we make.

Some day I'll be complain about having to hang hundreds of feet of 4" cast iron. For now though I don't mind it. I think working in new construction and remodeling gives you a much better background then someone who just does service. When their is nothing to do on the service side of the buisness the guys come work with the rough-in crew. Some of these guys have been doing service work for eight years and are totally lost when they walk onto the job and wind up playing helper to second year apprentices. It's kind of scary to me that these guys are repairing systems while they know little about them or the codes that govern their installation.

My point is that I think a back round in rough work makes you a better service plumber, or at least makes your life easier.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.