Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Are those tempering valves I see there? What are they servicing?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
What is it that I see there that mixes the water?

Can't you just control the temp setting coming out of those heater via the on board circuit controller, no?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I see now, thanks for cluing me in on them. :nuke:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
What type of tempering valves are those?

Most of em in critical locations have a fail-safe cold water bypass built in. Those get expensive real quick.

You could tell by the ASSE #

·
Registered
200 Posts
Those are real cheap heaters. The mixers are ASSE stamped.They only put out a couple of gallons a minute, but that's all they need. They will only run the sink or the shower, not both at one time. If more than one person gets crapped up at a time, tough.
i'm glad they didn't waste alot of money to wash down someone who was contaminated :eek:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
I'm not trying to pick your stuff apart but, why didn't you just go with a single temperature modulating heater and just turn the thing down?

It just seems so over complicated for no reason.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I'm not trying to pick your stuff apart but, why didn't you just go with a single temperature modulating heater and just turn the thing down?

It just seems so over complicated for no reason.
If I was a guessing man they only use one at a time. redundancy is crucial in a piece of equipment that important.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ILPlumber nailed it. Everything at a nuke has redundancy built in. Except for the pump that pushes the contamonated water to a holding tank. About 7000 grand, and they only got one. It's in a little plastic basin, and the superintendant had me stub out too low to hit the factory connection. I was one sweating, nervous plumber doing the lay out and holesawing on the basin:cry: I hit everything dead nuts, though:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts