Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  DUNBAR PLUMBING 
#1 ·
Architecture Diagram Technology Room Floor

This is going to be a fun one....as it is messed up already from some missteps by the initial stages already started before I arrived.

I set the sewage ejector pump today. Back side of that wall serving this kitchen is where a 30 gallon electric water heater is being placed along with a laundry tub nearby.

I actually lowered my hourly rate because this fellow spent good money with me recently and there's quite a bit of work involved with this job.

Going to be a great photo-op as well when I build the picture album for it.

I'm making damn sure that when this is all put in, all of it is NOT buried in case I have to work on it.

All water lines will be done in a way where I can winterize with ease...along with other tasks. I'm trying to get the contractor installing the cabinets to get it built up off the ground so a chaseway can be installed. I have plans for that idea if it goes that way.​

See less See more
#2 ·
Is that a fire pit in the middle of the raised table area, top left of the drawing?

I did one like that one for a customer a couple of years ago. He had his built out of 8" block, wrapped in stucco. The stucco guys did a good job. They made it look like an old mexican building, red brick showing ins some corners and walls. Very cool stuff.

#3 ·
Yes. That's a fire pit. This outdoor kitchen is underneath a sun room and the height isn't tall at all.

I'm already sensing on this job that the fellows doing the cabinets won't give me anything more than what you see, no specific set of prints.

Freeze proofing this will come with its considerations, and I haven't been asked to do any gas line work. They are going to use small tanks instead of natural gas.

How expensive you think that'll be after a summer of outdoor dining? :blink:

I say pipe it in natural gas, be done with it.

#5 ·
That wouldn't be a bad idea, and this fellow has the money to swing it, but around food preparation has its limitations.

I tried to attempt to do this in regards to festivals/fairs where food is cooked in super hot kitchens and no water particulates in the air. They (board of health in KY) dropped all discussion with me.

Evaporative Cooler, yes, Indoor Misting, no.

A prospective customer called me last week about using misting fans in a huge gymasium with no air conditioning...told him I would not advise using a misting fan as it will destroy the wood floor.

Misting fans work off of flash evaporation which starts with the sun/UV rays in the equation.

Drip line misters would be ideal for keeping insects out of the cooking area. This is a mostly covered area where the kitchen is and it would get ugly quick.

#9 · (Edited)
They are the leader of misting products nationwide. They do all the NFL events along with other nationally acclaimed events. They work well and one summer will pay it off in comfort. Check the CFM's of that fan and the size of the pump; That means everything in regards to coverage. Price is always dictated solely by CFM's of the fan and the amount of pressure the pump can produce.

My fans run 7800 CFM's with pumps capable of running up to 1300psi at 1/2GPM. High pressure misting provides the finest mist to trigger the air to water mixture and the sun burning off what's left. The end is lowered temperature dictated by humidity levels.

I got some black bears I'm saving in San Antonio Texas thanks to a donation of product last year. Some wildlife orphanage.

I have done a few outdoor kitchens.

Made a manifold in the basement with hot and cold headers with control valves feeding each header. Then ran grade from there through the wall to each fixture in rolled k copper.

Winter drain down is as easy as opening the faucet and opening the drain in the basement.

One, I was unable to do the above. Schrader valves in the basement. Blew it out every winter with my scuba tank air.

Traps were removed and test plugs were installed on the drains.
This property owner is tempermental, very intelligent and reasons with forethought or 'projecting' to what can possibly go wrong in the future.

I have to build it exact so his time to prep for winterization is simple, otherwise I'm going to get blamed for not making those steps possible from the go. Meaning I'll be fixing what breaks for not planning it right.

#7 ·
I have done a few outdoor kitchens.

Made a manifold in the basement with hot and cold headers with control valves feeding each header. Then ran grade from there through the wall to each fixture in rolled k copper.

Winter drain down is as easy as opening the faucet and opening the drain in the basement.

One, I was unable to do the above. Schrader valves in the basement. Blew it out every winter with my scuba tank air.

Traps were removed and test plugs were installed on the drains.

#13 ·
What in the hell is the matter with people when they have to take something as simple as grilling and turn it into a 30,000 dollar cluster F&*%. Tell the simpleton to go back indoors, theres a kitchen in there already. The really really dumbass thing is that 90% of these morons put the outdoor kitchen on the back patio about 10' away from the regular kitchen. All so they can one up the neighbor. :censored:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.