Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install a one piece Caroma toilet today, what a pain in the ass, did not like how the toilet was to be secured to the floor, two lag screws on the back edge, not good, the only other thing to help hold it stable would be caulking it to the floor, and that toilet cost almost 5 times the cost of a cadet III. H Who else has installed one of these?

·
Registered
344 Posts
We used them for a while when they first came out. Not a bad potty, but not a simple one either.

Once again, the toilet engineering community is into wife-swapping and dropping acid. Will this madness never end?

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Install a one piece Caroma toilet today, what a pain in the ass, did not like how the toilet was to be secured to the floor, two lag screws on the back edge, not good, the only other thing to help hold it stable would be caulking it to the floor, and that toilet cost almost 5 times the cost of a cadet III. H Who else has installed one of these?
You should see how some of the floor mounted wall outlet Duravit's get mounted, plastic angle brackets anchored in the floor with 1/4" drop in anchors.

·
Plumbing Contractor
972 Posts
Carmona

A buddy of mine has one of those in his house duel flush. suppost to bagle to flush a tennis ball through it:eek:. Much rather try and find out! I believe he said he paid close to $500.00 for the crapper.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A buddy of mine has one of those in his house duel flush. suppost to bagle to flush a tennis ball through it:eek:. Much rather try and find out! I believe he said he paid close to $500.00 for the crapper.
It cost over $500 for us. Aussies make some weird toilets. Yet the button don't say which is which, you have to learn that on your own. The bowl water level is too low is you ask me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts