Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Writing for a little feedback,wondering how any one man draincleaning/service repairman doing ,possibly going to make a jump.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I have for years worked by myself. The way I see it, when its me, myself and I, we all get along real well, no arguing (Unless we had one too many beers!)

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
But you guys all own the shops correct?

I mean Bill , westcoast and super?

I think dunbar is setting up dude,
Is that what your doing Dun?

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
But you guys all own the shops correct?

I mean Bill , westcoast and super?

I think dunbar is setting up dude,
Is that what your doing Dun?

Yes, I run my own shop. I need atleast a helper, but I am so set working on my own, I don't really want the stress, and plus you never know with the economy, it could get really slow tomorrow and I don't want the responsibility of having a guy and taking care of his family not yet anyways. When the economy gets back to normal, I will be so busy I am sure I will have to put anotehr van ont he road and have a helper, but we will tackle that when it happens :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have had my own shop for 15 years. i have had help off and on for about 10 of those years. the happiest were/are the ones with just me, myself, and i. took about 10 years to get to a comfortable situation stress related. only once ahve i had a slow enough period where i had to live on credit cards for about 6 months (knocking on wood)

·
Banned
383 Posts
ive been a one man show four about four years. its been great. i definatly could use help and id like to be able to teach the trade to a willing student but until that day comes it will be me and the occasionally hired goon for digging and grunt work.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have been on my own 20 years . It is great ! There are draw backs and you just have to say "No" once in a while .

With out a helper or another plumber there are things that you cannot safely do .

Realize these things early on and been firm in your dealings with customers .

Take care of your body . Workout to stay strong and healthy because ,,,, If you aren't working ,,,,, NO $$$$ IS COMING IN !!!

Best of Luck ! God Bless !

Cal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts