Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owners, do you work out of home or do you have a office/shop?

We now have a storefront with a tremendous amount of traffic. We have been painting on the inside. Sign should go up soon. I could get a office with big sign by the road for less than a billboard:). Have you ever priced a billboard? Nuts. If we get big enough we might but not now.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can comfortably run a few trucks out of my home office .I've got land,room for out buildings,etc.My office is the mstr. bed-room and the 2 car garage is dedicated to inventory.I'm only 1 mile from the expressway and 10 miles to the center of the city.I'm only interested in running 2 or 3 trucks so my set-up works well for me.
If I were larger though,a show-room would be the way to go.Congratulations,it sounds great.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
From home. Much cheaper, and more convenient. I have 15 acres so there is plenty of room.
When you get stress out you can drag the monkey outside and shoot with 15 acres of room:thumbsup:
We got 5 acres, but I try to pick off birds at 300 yards:thumbsup:

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
We operated out of a 60 x 100 ancient wood shed for many years.

The electric utility sold their substation office and warehouse in our town so we bought it. One 60 x 60 with offices and bathroom. One 40 x 80. Both steel frame construction. They have worked out quite nicely. We still keep the old warehouse for all our junk though:blink:

You @ home guys run into any zoning issues?

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zoning, not where I am at.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
We operate out of a home office in our basement. . We also have a shop where we keep & maintain our dozer, backhoe, and excavators.

No zone restrictions here at all.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have an office on the main floor of my house. I have a very small storage building. But, since it was only about 11 x 11, I rebuilt it into several levels, so it's equivalent to a larger building.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've run out of my home since 85. 17yrs ago moved onto property in an unincorporated area. My area is now a small pocket of unincorporated homes surrounded by 2 cities.

Being unincorporated we aren't in a city .. just the county island and no problems ever. I was up to 18 plumbers out of here until 97 when I hit burn out and got rid of everyone. Now it's just me .. and I'm happy with it this way ! Could use more work though !

·
Banned
239 Posts
work out of my house and it looks like a bomb went off...i live in a nice lake subdivision every house around here mows there grass and keeps there yards up then theres me with a huge scrap pile buckets pipe and cars in my front yard.......my house is in great shape and is very nice but my yard is a different story......never had any complaints my neighbors are always bugging me to do work most of the time i decline.......my garage is a pile of every thing.......my dogs piss allover every thing in the back yard so that makes it fun to pick stuff up......

im m oving in a few weeks and im going to still use my back yard as storage and my house will be rented.......me and my old lady will be living together so im going to have to tone down my hillbilly stuff......

·
Registered
378 Posts
work out of my house and it looks like a bomb went off...i live in a nice lake subdivision every house around here mows there grass and keeps there yards up then theres me with a huge scrap pile buckets pipe and cars in my front yard.......my house is in great shape and is very nice but my yard is a different story......never had any complaints my neighbors are always bugging me to do work most of the time i decline.......my garage is a pile of every thing.......my dogs piss allover every thing in the back yard so that makes it fun to pick stuff up......

im m oving in a few weeks and im going to still use my back yard as storage and my house will be rented.......me and my old lady will be living together so im going to have to tone down my hillbilly stuff......
I always resented the person in the neighborhood that doesn't keep their stuff groomed.Past neighbors have called me Felix Unger.I solved the problem by getting a little land.Do your neighbors a favor .........

·
Banned
913 Posts
Bad neighboer = bad rep if you aren't careful.

Song Dog - we have professional office and shop space. Don't like writing the check for it; however, I don't want customers coming to my home either. It's bad enough I answer their calls 24/7. I like my privacy at home - my sanctuary!

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
My neighbors would be at the zoning board if I attempted the work from home thing. Ahh the joys of living in the city limits.

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
I work from home. I just had a 24x24x10 two car garage built to operate from. One bay is full of shelving and the other has a work table. There is enough parking behind it for the trucks and trailers. I had to get zoning approval in order to operate in this manner and I cannot have any outside storage of materials.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts