Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noritz Tankless Water Heater.jpg

Noritz Tankless Water Heater .jpg

Propress installation.jpg

Propress tankless water heater installation.jpg

Old water heater.jpg

Clean tankless install thanks to propress. I use my propress all the time. I have done 1/2 -4" . No need to wait for the water to stop. The water heater shed and the water heater was the before picture.Tankless is the next best thing in Southern California.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Where do you flush the heater when it starts to scale up?

I always install a boiler drain on the inlet and outlet for that purpose.

I wish outdoors was an option here.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you flush the heater when it starts to scale up?

I always install a boiler drain on the inlet and outlet for that purpose.

I wish outdoors was an option here.

Thats what those valves are for at the bottom, they are a service kit, if you look close, you can isolate the heater fromt he water system, hook up your pump and bucket of vinager and flush, then when the time comes, flush the vinager out before you feed back into the house.

good stuff!

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Thats what those valves are for at the bottom, they are a service kit, if you look close, you can isolate the heater fromt he water system, hook up your pump and bucket of vinager and flush, then when the time comes, flush the vinager out before you feed back into the house.

good stuff!
I was looking for wheel handles like the boiler drains I use, guess that shows me for not paying better attention.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks nice. A couple of questions:

Do you like Noritz over say-Rinnai?
Why the 90's on the T&P?
What's the T in the hot line for?

Thanks. I honestly want to know if there is a reason for the 90's & the Tee. Looks good.

J.C.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks nice. A couple of questions:

Do you like Noritz over say-Rinnai? I love both, Rinnai and Noritz. They are both top of the line, I install way more Rinnai then Noritz.
Why the 90's on the T&P? That is a pressure only, the tankless do not use a combination temp and pressure because there is no storage, tank, so it is a pressure relief valve only, and the 90's are there because the customer is going to hide all that pretty pipe in a shroud. He gave me an exact area I had to get the pipes into.
What's the T in the hot line for? That tee was uncovered when I removed the heater, we have no clue where it goes, other then the fact there is a ball valve on it, so I cut it back in and before the deck goes in, we will investigate. Better to have it tied in and cap later then to have to make room and tie it in later.

Thanks. I honestly want to know if there is a reason for the 90's & the Tee. Looks good.

J.C.

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I do have one question :)

How come you grouped all that copper together, I mean if you had to replace one of those lines behind the other it would be a pain,

I am not knocking you job, BUT I would have spaced those copper lines better with at least some room on each side and then used a swing joint,

This is what I am referring to , you had the room for some kendoff on that wall and then you could have clamped those three lines equally ,

Sorry , I am just a freak when it comes to this stuff, prolly cause of my training, My old bosses would have fired me for a copper grouping like that .......

But it is a clean job all in all , I just didn't like that copper bunched up...

Once again, NOT knocking just an opinion :)

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have one question :)

How come you grouped all that copper together, I mean if you had to replace one of those lines behind the other it would be a pain,

I am not knocking you job, BUT I would have spaced those copper lines better with at least some room on each side and then used a swing joint,

This is what I am referring to , you had the room for some kendoff on that wall and then you could have clamped those three lines equally ,

Sorry , I am just a freak when it comes to this stuff, prolly cause of my training, My old bosses would have fired me for a copper grouping like that .......

But it is a clean job all in all , I just didn't like that copper bunched up...

Once again, NOT knocking just an opinion :)

Copying and pasting what I already said:

customer is going to hide all that pretty pipe in a shroud. He gave me an exact area I had to get the pipes into.

If you read what I already posted you wouldn't have this question.That is why they are "grouped".

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Copying and pasting what I already said:

customer is going to hide all that pretty pipe in a shroud. He gave me an exact area I had to get the pipes into.

If you read what I already posted you wouldn't have this question.That is why they are "grouped".
My bad man, I wasn't knocking and I did say you did a clean job, I was just scratching my head going .....he did such a nice job with the pro press and all whats with the grouping....

Well now I am completely embarrassed because I did not see the text you wrote.

I apologize :)

I do this all the time when I code as well. I read things to fast ;)

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My bad man, I wasn't knocking and I did say you did a clean job, I was just scratching my head going .....he did such a nice job with the pro press and all whats with the grouping....

Well now I am completely embarrassed because I did not see the text you wrote.

I apologize :)

I do this all the time when I code as well. I read things to fast ;)

No worries. I appreciate the compliments about the clean work, I wasn't too happy about grouping the copper either, but at the same time, had to please the customer within reason, if it was really bad, I would have put my foot down and did it my way, if his requests were too out of line or completely against code, or life threatening. :thumbsup:

I too am very, very, very picky in what I do. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By the way, I feel the same way about plumbing and us protecting the health of the nation. Sadly our trade is losing respect! If one was to study codes and regulations, they would understand the reason why plumbing is installed the way it is, and they would understand it is more then just a vent, or an "air gap", or a medium sweep.

:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
By the way, I feel the same way about plumbing and us protecting the health of the nation. Sadly our trade is losing respect! If one was to study codes and regulations, they would understand the reason why plumbing is installed the way it is, and they would understand it is more then just a vent, or an "air gap", or a medium sweep.

:thumbup:
I agree, Thats why I try to promote the trade and things in the trade as much as I can, :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I cant get used to those pre solderd fittings.. When i use them < rarely > i still add a shot of 95/5 on the joint.. But looks good.. Nice job

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Is that galvinized pipe for the gas? We have to use black pipe for gas. How about you guys?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts