Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,266 Posts
recess the shower and use the schluter. Im in the process of remodeling by master bath, im not going curbless though. it would be better, but i cant really recess the slab as two of the walls in the shower are exterior walls. It would be too much work. But how I would do a curb less for sure. Just dont put the tub and the shower drain in the same room beside each other. that is just weird. I dont get it.

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,266 Posts
I’m having kerdi installed for our shower. I’ve seen it numerous times; but never really paid much attention to it. But it’s getting pretty popular here. My old shower pan from 01 when the house was built had definetly failed. Just wouldn’t have ever known really backing up to exterior walls with brick on the outside. But we see a lot of shower pans that fail within 10yrs around here. Recessed showers are getting pretty much the norm too. That’s the best way to go IMO.

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,266 Posts
They make an underlayment now that helps with that too. For heated floors. I didn’t want to spring the money on it. But damn it would have been nice. Spent too much as it is just on fixtures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts