Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bestline-plumbing-gardena

Someone might believe this review if it was not written by a person with less than a 3rd grade education. Fortunately, I don't do business with people who use computers, anyway. We need to do a grammar analysis. Why is the location of the person in Long Beach and the service call is in Harbor City?

This all took place on 3-11-2009. Called this company to come out and do a quote for a heater repair. Took me three calls to get anyone to call me back which should have been my first clue-strike one. When I finally got someone to come to my residence the guy giving the quote really needed a shower as he stunk to high heaven-strike two. I was thinking whatever and will give them a chance. He looked at the furnace and made some calls and came back with a quote three times higher than the other two quotes I got. I was thinking no big deal I will use one of the other vendors. I told the guy thanks but no thanks as he came in three times higher than the other two and he came off being VERY agreesive towards me- STRIKE THREE your outta here. I informed him it was only a quote and not a confirmation to start a job and he said he allready ordered the parts. I asked him to leave and he continued to want to argue with me over the price and I said no thanks. He left and to my surpise freakin slammed my front door and my nieghbor heard this and came over to check it out. Called the company to speak with a manager and he wanted to argue with me over this and he would not give me his name. I would not trust this company but use it at your own risk.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
You call that nice?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Of course!

You call that nice?
This probably happened on one of my better days. I was probably up all night, on the forum, and forgot to take a shower.

This review has a lot of flaws. I never advertise in Harbor City California. Most of the people there are very low-income, renters, bikers, apartment buildings, and concrete slab homes built in the early 1970's. The sewage treatment plant is in Harbor City and the odor of the entire city is repulsive.

I read a lot of reviews written for all types of businesses and almost every complaint is flawed and shows a lot of ignorance on the part of the writer. I am very serious when I say I would not want to work for a person that writes with this type of ignorance because we need intelligent customers that can make intelligent decisions.

Its cool! I'm still laughing and people should realize I passed acting like a 3rd grader about 50 years ago.

Sorry, I do a lot of edits to grammar and add a few sentences.

Most educated people would not write a review like this and due to the grammar most educated people would not believe this review. Intelligent customers are usually too busy to bother with slandering someone and many customers may fear retaliation, since there are many crazy people in this world, especially when it comes to destroying a person's livelihood. If this review were true, I would certainly have this persons name, phone number, and address.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i love how a customer can get on the net and type whatever they like. i learnt long ago you cant please everyone so its a take it or leave it attitude from me

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
It was someone from this forum and I won't discuss who it is, but they sent me two messages, telling me to look at the review, by using my email link on my web site. My web site was accessed through the PZ forum and this can be confirmed since my web site tracker tells me the referrer was PZ, it gives me the IP address of the person, city, and the telephone area code.

Its cool! I'm still laughing and people should realize I passed acting like a 3rd grader about 50 years ago.
Interesting, glad you take it in a comical way, me I don't think I could, that review could scar you, it's just a matter of time before what was said about you gets into the search engines, a few keywords and this review could pop up on a search for reviews, hope you have plenty of good reviews to out do a single bad one.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
What's wrong with bikers?

Mark

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a few years ago.

What's wrong with bikers?

Mark
I'm sorry! I didn't know that was a sensitive word. When thinking about Obama's reference to the Special Olympics, I was thinking politicians should already have a list of sensitive words they cannot say in any sentence. I should have added a few adjectives.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Just preserving posts since you like to edit or delete things when caught.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bestline-plumbing-gardena

Someone might believe this review if it was not written by a person with less than a 3rd grade education. Fortunately, I don't do business with people who use computers, anyway. We need to do a grammar analysis. Why is the location of the person in Long Beach and the service call is in Harbor City?

This all took place on 3-11-2009. Called this company to come out and do a quote for a heater repair. Took me three calls to get anyone to call me back which should have been my first clue-strike one. When I finally got someone to come to my residence the guy giving the quote really needed a shower as he stunk to high heaven-strike two. I was thinking whatever and will give them a chance. He looked at the furnace and made some calls and came back with a quote three times higher than the other two quotes I got. I was thinking no big deal I will use one of the other vendors. I told the guy thanks but no thanks as he came in three times higher than the other two and he came off being VERY agreesive towards me- STRIKE THREE your outta here. I informed him it was only a quote and not a confirmation to start a job and he said he allready ordered the parts. I asked him to leave and he continued to want to argue with me over the price and I said no thanks. He left and to my surpise freakin slammed my front door and my nieghbor heard this and came over to check it out. Called the company to speak with a manager and he wanted to argue with me over this and he would not give me his name. I would not trust this company but use it at your own risk.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Just preserving posts since you like to edit or delete things when caught.

This probably happened on one of my better days. I was probably up all night, on the forum, and forgot to take a shower.

This review has a lot of flaws. I never advertise in Harbor City California. Most of the people there are very low-income, renters, bikers, apartment buildings, and concrete slab homes built in the early 1970's. The sewage treatment plant is in Harbor City and the odor of the entire city is repulsive.

I read a lot of reviews written for all types of businesses and almost every complaint is flawed and shows a lot of ignorance on the part of the writer. I am very serious when I say I would not want to work for a person that writes with this type of ignorance because we need intelligent customers that can make intelligent decisions.

Sorry, I do a lot of edits to grammar and add a few sentences.

Most educated people would not write a review like this and due to the grammar most educated people would not believe this review. Intelligent customers are usually too busy to bother with slandering someone and many customers may fear retaliation, since there are many crazy people in this world, especially when it comes to destroying a person's livelihood. If this review were true, I would certainly have this persons name, phone number, and address.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Complaining about a review of his company by a "uneducated" customer. He only wants educated customers.... Nice.

Should have mentioned an elderly couple that plan on taking their money to the grave with them.... So he could gloat about chaining himself to the kitchen table.

·
THE PLUMBN8R
465 Posts
if you go to that link, there are 7 reviews

2 are positive, the other 5 are not.

I am confused at why you are posting this.

is company policy " if they didn't complain about the price then you did not charge enough ?

Enlighten us.

·
Banned
8,892 Posts
if you go to that link, there are 7 reviews

2 are positive, the other 5 are not.

I am confused at why you are posting this.

is company policy " if they didn't complain about the price then you did not charge enough ?

Enlighten us.
The original post was from 2009 -- Most of the reviews were posted after the OP started the thread.

Go to the bottom of the reviews and look at the 8 filtered reviews (you'll have to go through the whole captcha rigamarole in order to view them) and then scroll down to the reviews that were removed for violating Yelps Terms Of Service.

3 of the 8 were removed because they caught Leonard padding his positive review count.

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
I respectfully request that the OP or mods remove the information in the original post so the poster can remain anonymous.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts