Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many use the newspaper as a marketing route? The Franchise told us long ago it was a waste of money, but we do it now since we are FREE. Well, it is money worth spent for us here. Actually I think it is a good way to target pretty much one area.
Its working :thumbsup:
September is Coupon month and using it in the paper with a couple coupon facts and $15 off will run for 3 weeks straight. Must redeem in the month of September.

There is many things that uses months but there ought to be National Plumbers Month, which month should it be?:thumbup:

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
913 Posts
Didn't work here either. Tried two different papers with nice size ads and pictures. Received one call in 13 weeks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you do run ads in the paper, you should do so to recognise a local sports hero, or real hero returning home or some such. Never do it to promote yourself.

If you do run one to support a local person, offer a discount for a limited time.

"Congratulations John Barr on your new state rushing record!

Thanks mom and dad for allowing John to play this year and be a part of the team!

Special this month and next for all local Wildcat families! 15% off any plumbing service during regular business hours and no service charge for emergency call out after hours.

Way to go John and way to go Wildcats!!"

Look at Nascar... people support companies that support the things they love. Hell, Tide sales would drop in the crapper if they stopped sponsoring racers.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm not a marketing major, heck I don't even run a company. What about those coupon books? We have a company around here that compiles coupon books for a bunch of local companies, resteraunts, gutter cleaning, dry cleaners, etc. I bet sticking a $15 or $20 coupon in there would generate a couple calls. Have two, one for $15 and one for a free plumbing inspection with any purchase. The word "free" is definably an eye catcher and you don't loose anything but taking a quick look an their plumbing and trying to sell them on some repairs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You lose time. If you don't have any work, its a good thing. If you have other work, it can be a killer.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You lose time. If you don't have any work, its a good thing. If you have other work, it can be a killer.
True, if you're very busy it could hurt you. No one said what the inspection involves though. You would do a five minute walk through if you have another job to go to, if you have an hour to kill you could take your time and really look things that need to be done.

In this day and age you would probably have to make them sign a liability waver as well. Say you said everything is fine and their water heater lets go the next day and causes thousands of dollars in damage. You don't want them coming after you.

Just tossing ideas out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts