Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all ..

i am installing a bathroom in the basement of my home ... the builder did not include any stub outs ... when the house was built .. .. so here i am
begging you pro's for some free advice ...

i have a layout for the new bathroom and i am stumped on the venting ..
i have spoken to many home renovators and they say that because the bathroom is in the basement , that it doesnt need to be vented.... alternatively, i have asked a plumber at a coffee shop, that i ran into and they say any fixture(toilet,sink,shower) must be vented and also vented seperately ... ??

i would like to know if i can run a vent near towards the shower end and run a vent up the wall and thru the basement wall out to the outside ...

any help would be great :)

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
The Mods will close this because this forum is for PROFESSIONALS only ,

But if you go to ContractorTalk.com you can register there for free and ask away,

BUT being its Thanksgiving and all I will answers some questions
so you can at least get on the right path ......
( I am a plumber )

hello all ..

i am installing a bathroom in the basement of my home ... the builder did not include any stub outs ... when the house was built .. .. so here i am
begging you pro's for some free advice ...
Us "pro's" would rather have you pay us then beg us, but here goes :)
i have a layout for the new bathroom and i am stumped on the venting ..
i have spoken to many home renovators and they say that because the bathroom is in the basement , that it doesnt need to be vented....
Completely wrong and moronic if you ask me, ........

alternatively, i have asked a plumber at a coffee shop, that i ran into and they say any fixture(toilet,sink,shower) must be vented and also vented seperately ... ??
Yes, this is true, and there are several kinds of vents and venting

• Loop Vent
  • Circuit Vent
  • Direct Vent
  • Wet Vent
  • Pro-vent
i would like to know if i can run a vent near towards the shower end and run a vent up the wall and thru the basement wall out to the outside ...

You need to vent each fixture separately.
any help would be great :)
Have a look at this picture . it might help you

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Drain for the toilet is WAY oversized. Look at the hole in the bottom of a toilet. 2" is all you need.Bush down the flange to 2" It doesn't need vented as it works on a siphonic principal.

You may want to put a 4" FD in the bathroom somewhere. It might just come in handy:yes:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.