Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to say.

9 Years Navy, flying in helicopters. Trained as an Aviation Electronics Tech but spent so much time in the air that I hardly ever worked electronics.

Never worked plumbing until this job. I install and service water filtration equipment. Water softeners, neutralizers, depth filters, auto-carbons, reverse osmosis, whole house filters, etc....
Been with this job for about 8 or 9 years now.

I get to work on residential, commercial and industrial equipment.

Not a "trained" plumber. My training has all been OJT (on the job) which certainly means there is plenty that I don't know about code, tricks of the trade etc.

A former Seabee that used to work for the same company and spent his time in the Navy doing plumbing was my primary means of learning plumbing skills along with good old mechanical aptitude on my part.

Hopefully, I'll learn a lot from some of you pro's out there.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to PZ,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plumbcrazy,

Do you men what brand? Culligan. I also work on non-Culligan equipment, usually turns out to be Fleck products as they are sold under a variety of company names.
Sometimes end up working on the systems sold by the big box stores.

Otherwise, the type is determined by what the customer is trying to accomplish or what problem they are trying to solve, i.e. sediment removal, chlorine removal, improved drinking water, blue staining from well water, etc.....

·
Banned
913 Posts
Plumbcrazy,

Do you men what brand? Culligan. I also work on non-Culligan equipment, usually turns out to be Fleck products as they are sold under a variety of company names.
Sometimes end up working on the systems sold by the big box stores.

Otherwise, the type is determined by what the customer is trying to accomplish or what problem they are trying to solve, i.e. sediment removal, chlorine removal, improved drinking water, blue staining from well water, etc.....
Yes - I was referring to brand. Our company is thinking about offering water treatment options to our customers. We are just beginning the research now.

·
Registered
348 Posts
hey plumbcrazy I'm just starting to look into water filtration with a product called waterright. the owners also own the chip that is used in culligan. good training and reimbursement

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome ,I thought about trying to distribute,and install water filters.With all those bottled water companies,thers got a be a market for fresh filtered water.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
have you guys seen this water softner that is just an electrical box and some wire that wraps around the pipe. Can't remember the name of it but it was EZ somthing. All you do is plug in the box and then wrap the pipe at the source in this insulated black jacketed wire. A customer of mine showed me a brochure on it, but i just can remember what it was called.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts