Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Definitely one of a kind, I’ve never seen a crew cab truck with that body on the back. I like it.
There’s two others around me but they are both extended cab. I was at first go extended but it was 500$ more to get the full crew. If it would have came on the full 203” wheelbase with extended cab and a 12’ box I’d have went that route. But the chassis shrunk to a 193” wheel base.
It amazes me how you buy a new truck for work and contractors and other trades or customers give you a hard time. But contractors can buy cottages and vacation houses or motorcycles and you Say something and they say I deserve it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Steering wheel

Goodthing I had 95% of everything moved over to the Kuv. I parked the van at a buddies with the for sale sign. Apparently some skid decided they needed the van more than me. Unfortunately for them chevy has a really good anti theft system. Unfortunately for me they did 1400$ in damage. Only stuff missing is a bucket with all my pipe wrenches. They were my great grandfathers when he was a millwright in the 60’s and 70’s. They had more sedimentary value than monetary.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Not to sure what I’m going to do with the full crew cab. Will probably end up removing it and building a spot for my soldering tray and tool bag. I was going to just go with a extended cab but the price difference was only 600$
Don't you dare take those back seats out of that truck,you might need to haul 4 people somedays

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
View attachment 130843 Finally got the lettering done. The logo medallion is on the hood aswell.
Oops you messed up putting anykind of company name or lettering on your truck,now if you haul your excavator with that truck the dots will get you and you will have to go get an inspection,physica,and all the crap that goes with it,we have a one ton dump with nothing on it so if they pull us over we are going to the farm with it,the dot crap is a major headache and more money

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Oops you messed up putting anykind of company name or lettering on your truck,now if you haul your excavator with that truck the dots will get you and you will have to go get an inspection,physica,and all the crap that goes with it,we have a one ton dump with nothing on it so if they pull us over we are going to the farm with it,the dot crap is a major headache and more money
Already have all that stuff for the big dump truck. I have a AZ drivers license so licensed to drive 18 wheelers. My plumbing supplier actually got stopped and fined for not having a truck lettered.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Already have all that stuff for the big dump truck. I have a AZ drivers license so licensed to drive 18 wheelers. My plumbing supplier actually got stopped and fined for not having a truck lettered.
Never heard of that,if we get pulled over we are gonna play dumb, But if you have your company name on that truck the DOT’s will get you

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Never heard of that,if we get pulled over we are gonna play dumb, But if you have your company name on that truck the DOT’s will get you
Up here any combination towed vehicle over 8800# needs a A class license. Only exemption is RV trailers. The dot love to pick on landscape or guys going and renting a skidsteer at Home Depot. My trailer itself is rated for 14,000#, it weighs 2600#. So off the number above I can’t really even tow a car on it. Just another way they get more money from us.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Up here any combination towed vehicle over 8800# needs a A class license. Only exemption is RV trailers. The dot love to pick on landscape or guys going and renting a skidsteer at Home Depot. My trailer itself is rated for 14,000#, it weighs 2600#. So off the number above I can’t really even tow a car on it. Just another way they get more money from us.
Yep it sucks,I don't have any advertising on our dump truck,we just working on a farm if we get pulled over

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Shelf Shelving Gas Major appliance Monochrome photography

Automotive tire Gas Machine Asphalt Wood

Product Shelf Shelving Gas Machine

Kitchen appliance Audio receiver Gas Machine Rectangle

Hood Rectangle Mobile phone Gas Telephone

one good thing about self isolation is that I could finally have a excuse to go through the truck, I’ve been digging through a bin with my drill bits thrown in it since the top drawer slide broke in November. I took the spare beat up husky from storage but unfortunately the base of it is rotten. It should last me the next year I hope.
Now if only we could get material to actually carry stock on the truck.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
View attachment 131256
View attachment 131252
View attachment 131253
View attachment 131254
View attachment 131255
one good thing about self isolation is that I could finally have a excuse to go through the truck, I’ve been digging through a bin with my drill bits thrown in it since the top drawer slide broke in November. I took the spare beat up husky from storage but unfortunately the base of it is rotten. It should last me the next year I hope.
Now if only we could get material to actually carry stock on the truck.
Would you buy the cat mini ex again if you could go back in time???how do you like the cat???have you used any other brands mini ex before you bought the cat???

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Would you buy the cat mini ex again if you could go back in time???how do you like the cat???have you used any other brands mini ex before you bought the cat???
I love the cat, before I bought it we demo’s a bobcat and a kabota. The kabota is a cheap machine for a reason. The bobcat was nice but didn’t have as much standard as the cat. Cat comes with all the auxiliary hydraulics already run, brackets already welded on the stick for a thumb. The only thing I don’t like which goes with all the 5 tons and lower is they make them almost too safe now. My biggest complaint is it struggles to lift a 24x24x48” concrete catch basin. But that’s with all of the machines. My cat will lift it about a foot off the ground, kabota couldn’t lift it at all bobcat drug it around. About 6 months after I got the 4 ton cat came out with their new 6 ton, the undercarriage is only 3/4” wider, stick and boom are about a foot longer. But it’s 3 times the machine. I’m just waiting by next summer I’ll be in the green enough to upgrade my machine.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I love the cat, before I bought it we demo’s a bobcat and a kabota. The kabota is a cheap machine for a reason. The bobcat was nice but didn’t have as much standard as the cat. Cat comes with all the auxiliary hydraulics already run, brackets already welded on the stick for a thumb. The only thing I don’t like which goes with all the 5 tons and lower is they make them almost too safe now. My biggest complaint is it struggles to lift a 24x24x48” concrete catch basin. But that’s with all of the machines. My cat will lift it about a foot off the ground, kabota couldn’t lift it at all bobcat drug it around. About 6 months after I got the 4 ton cat came out with their new 6 ton, the undercarriage is only 3/4” wider, stick and boom are about a foot longer. But it’s 3 times the machine. I’m just waiting by next summer I’ll be in the green enough to upgrade my machine.
Very nice,we have been thinking about pulling the trigger on a new mini ex,I never ran a cat brand yet but I was told they were good machines,thanks for the update,have you ever tried a Hyundai machine??they make the case brand mini ex

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Very nice,we have been thinking about pulling the trigger on a new mini ex,I never ran a cat brand yet but I was told they were good machines,thanks for the update,have you ever tried a Hyundai machine??they make the case brand mini ex
Not much support this way Case wise. There’s a couple dealers but they are more farm equipment and parts seem to take longer to come in. A buddy has a case and he said when parts are needed it’s a week turn around usually.
so far I’ve had one hose on the skidsteer and two windows in the excavator replaced(look for a windshield cover for when it’s being floated) and cat had all 3 things in stock and in my hands in less than an hour.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts