Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not to sure what I’m going to do with the full crew cab. Will probably end up removing it and building a spot for my soldering tray and tool bag. I was going to just go with a extended cab but the price difference was only 600$

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Not to sure what I’m going to do with the full crew cab. Will probably end up removing it and building a spot for my soldering tray and tool bag. I was going to just go with a extended cab but the price difference was only 600$
You mean remove the back seats? Totally, 1/3rd deep shelves on the drivers side for your toolbags and then 2/3rds deep pull out trays on the other side.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
air mattress to take a nap on....or as skoso said, take out seats and put in shelves for storage...just remember to put a STEEL divider from the backseat to the back of your head for flying objects if you get into an accident or need to panick stop one day....

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You mean remove the back seats? Totally, 1/3rd deep shelves on the drivers side for your toolbags and then 2/3rds deep pull out trays on the other side.
Yes remove the 2/3 seat. I’m going to put the inverter/tool bag solder tray inside a plywood box.

·
Registered
Plumber, Retired 40 years
119 Posts
boss man bought a brand new red ford
we were all in the parking lot looking and ewwing and ahing on it
he walked out with a 1/2'' gas pipe about 24'' long and put a really nice looking dent right in the middle of the hood. we looked at him like he was crazy, he grinned and said, I was the first to dent this one. Here, he tossed the keys at Doyle, take it into the field

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Yes remove the 2/3 seat. I’m going to put the inverter/tool bag solder tray inside a plywood box.
Make sure the inverter has airflow. I have one in my van mounted on a wall to charge 3 packs at once. There is a box below it that I made to hold 6 packs and lined the bottom with a piece of foam.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That’s a good idea for ladder rack

·
Registered
Plumber, Retired 40 years
119 Posts
That’s a good idea for ladder rack
Not my idea. i stole it from a co in Florida. i like it,
If you put a gate up in the front and back. you never have to tie your pipe down. it is in a ''box''
ladders can not be stolen. and the shovels on the rack is handy

·
Plumbing Contractor
975 Posts
Why go with a crew cab?

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Why go with a crew cab?

Because they don't put bench seats in the front anymore and bches love bench seats.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
21 - 40 of 44 Posts