Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That things beautiful, I'd love to get a new truck but these new Fords and service bodies are insane. Running a studded 6.0 till the wheels fall off lol.
I went to look at it today. The order got messed up somewhere, it showed up being 2wd. So they are putting a order in for a replacement 4x4 chassis. Probably going to be July or august now. What a bummer. But it’s not like I needed it today anyway. No hard feelings with the dealership, their paperwork was correct, someone at the factory messed up.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That thing would be beautiful with a slightly higher box. Not only is it nice not to be hunched up in a van, you'll have access to the tools from outside which is awesome, less climbing in and out. I'd get a little crane in the back for loading larger things.

I'd make sure to buy a box that has key holes on each lock. I met a guy who got locked out of one of the key fob ones on a job and wasted hours in a customers driveway waiting for a locksmith to get the propress lol.
Mine will be the 6’ interior height.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is going to be my 15 year truck. So since I’m super busy I figured but once cry once. Only down fall is the KUV is steel. But I’ll make sure it gets oiled twice a year.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not to sure what I’m going to do with the full crew cab. Will probably end up removing it and building a spot for my soldering tray and tool bag. I was going to just go with a extended cab but the price difference was only 600$

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You mean remove the back seats? Totally, 1/3rd deep shelves on the drivers side for your toolbags and then 2/3rds deep pull out trays on the other side.
Yes remove the 2/3 seat. I’m going to put the inverter/tool bag solder tray inside a plywood box.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Definitely one of a kind, I’ve never seen a crew cab truck with that body on the back. I like it.
There’s two others around me but they are both extended cab. I was at first go extended but it was 500$ more to get the full crew. If it would have came on the full 203” wheelbase with extended cab and a 12’ box I’d have went that route. But the chassis shrunk to a 193” wheel base.
It amazes me how you buy a new truck for work and contractors and other trades or customers give you a hard time. But contractors can buy cottages and vacation houses or motorcycles and you Say something and they say I deserve it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Steering wheel

Goodthing I had 95% of everything moved over to the Kuv. I parked the van at a buddies with the for sale sign. Apparently some skid decided they needed the van more than me. Unfortunately for them chevy has a really good anti theft system. Unfortunately for me they did 1400$ in damage. Only stuff missing is a bucket with all my pipe wrenches. They were my great grandfathers when he was a millwright in the 60’s and 70’s. They had more sedimentary value than monetary.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts