Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I may have jumped the gun and posted before I introduced myself. I already ruffled a few feathers I’m sure, but sorry no snowflake here.

In my first year of being journeymen LU166. HVAC/R
did my 5 years apprentice being a catch all hvac service guy. Piss on installs
apprenticeship was long and thankless. Lots of abuse from the old timers.
1700 hrs year + classroom 250
I managed though. Favorite class was welding Hated threading pipe either the porta pony would kick my ass or I’d be to short.
Now starting to do a lot more plumbing, but HVAC/R is my niche
I work for a Large Utility Company mainly. Get my 40 there.
I do have my WT 5 and DSL + S5 water licensing
Indiana backflow tester license and ASSE backflow
Universal Hvac certs.
I have my SWPP cert.
UST/AST A operators
CDL A
I’m sure I forgot something
I was originally a Diesel mechanic . I went to UNOH and graduated the two year program in 11 months.
I enjoy working on cars still as a hobby along with fishing. With that I look forward to asking stupid questions and getting roughed up by the group.

THANKS,
DAN

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
.............I may have jumped the gun and posted before I introduced myself. I already ruffled a few feathers I’m sure, but sorry no snowflake here.
.............. And You should already know competent and plumber shouldn’t be mentioned in same sentence.
This should be interesting considering most of us are plumbers and not "HVAC Techs". What makes you think all plumbers are incompetent?

And just so ya know, your first post read like a paper pushing "Project Manager" pretending to be a plumber to get help. That was why I responded the way I did. By our standards I was pretty courteous.

·
Super Moderator
2,124 Posts
Hail your way. so your a Freon sniffer mainly huh. A lot simpler life than plumbing.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Most of us are lifers in the plumbing business. I have delivered pizza on the weekends as a second job, did 7 years of college/university at night but from 18 years old through (I'm now) 54 it has always been plumbing. I have no idea what another line of work is like.

This is a tough business to learn.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Pro press or solder?
Since he does HVAC you should be asking braze or zoomlock. I suppose he could be soldering some acr fittings though. Or he could be doing all split systems, then it's flare and nylog.

Reactions: Debo22
1 - 9 of 9 Posts