Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I will profess my ignorance to these apparently wonderful tools. We are new construction but for some reason we are continually upping our percentage into service, I hope it's due to our quality and some of the insight from some of you on here. To the topic.
We have several builders that are on pace to close alot of houses with us from this time last year to now and possibly the same amount projected for the future year. We are implementing a policy whereby after the one year warranty with us and the builder is up we will come by at no cost to the homeowner and do an exit walkthrough of their home. When they buy the house we give them a notebook with all of the plumbing that goes into their homes and tips for keeping them in good working order (basic knowledge stuff like no hoses on hose bibs in the winter, water in seldom used traps, etc.) I figured (please let me know if I am wrong) that after the inspection and professionally taking the time(1 hour max.) with the homeowner we can show them the option of a service agreement.
Next question, I have been all over online in search of manuals, forms and pricing only to find that it seems to be a guarded secret. I dont mind paying for the knowledge, it's just like all of us at one time, I want to know where to start. Thanks, and man do I love this forum, glad I found it.

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
It was ok for a while, it gave some good ideas and downloads.
You can see some benefits for your dollar for sure. They do add some content once in a while. I stayed as a member for about 6 months and dropped out when I felt that I had "used" it enough. Its pretty cheap, try it for a month and see for yourself. I got my monies worth from my membership.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I was saying in the original post. We are doing an exit walkthrough with the customer after the one year warranty and then offering an option of a service agreement after the exit walkthrough. Does anyone know a site that shows an agreement and what is on them? And thanks for the service-roundtable link, it looks very helpful and I am considering it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts