Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow plumbers,

A buddy at work told me about this site and I figured since I’m always willing to learn why not join. I’ve been plumbing for 20 years now. Started off with light residential service and oil to gas boiler conversions in Long Island NY. Eventually, I moved on to loving hydronic heating and worked for a mechanical company doing light commercial new construction installs for the 1% of the 1% in the Hamptons of Long Island. I now reside in Charleston SC and I’m employed at a large hvac, plumbing company as a plumbing technician. I work solely on commission pay and will never ever go back to a hourly wage.

What additional proof would you like to verify I am a plumber?

my instagram account is @Plumbgeek and I have a decent portfolio of my work on there.

I appreciate you all for keeping our trade secrets safe from homeowners looking for free advice.

·
Registered
Plumber
359 Posts
Trade secrets, nah I dont have secrets, as for not being stupid enough to give away free information. Well yeah.

As for proof???...
Try this question out if you dare.

"Customer has a hot water heater that burns 218k btu. When running water static pressure on hot side drops to half of what the pressure relief valve is set to."

Without being able to test or touch anything what can you tell us that is wrong with the above question?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trade secrets, nah I dont have secrets, as for not being stupid enough to give away free information. Well yeah.

As for proof???...
Try this question out if you dare.

"Customer has a hot water heater that burns 218k btu. When running water static pressure on hot side drops to half of what the pressure relief valve is set to."

Without being able to test or touch anything what can you tell us that is wrong with the above question?
must be a trick question, at 218k btu for a water heater id suspect they are oversized perhaps someone installed a boiler and half that relief valve pressure would be 15psi. Static pressure is at 75 psi anything at 80 psi or more I’d recommend a prv. great question but theres no logic to it. How did I do?

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
must be a trick question, at 218k btu for a water heater id suspect they are oversized perhaps someone installed a boiler and half that relief valve pressure would be 15psi. Static pressure is at 75 psi anything at 80 psi or more I’d recommend a prv. great question but theres no logic to it. How did I do?
Your “buddy” that recommended you here should’ve told you how we treat newbies!

You’re good! Welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts