Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iPhone X sucked! The 7 was way better and I regretted it 6mo after getting it. Sometimes it wouldn’t ring, then a voicemail 4 hours later. I’d have to reset it once a week just to make a call or send a text.

went with the 12 this time. So far so good. Call clarity improvement is amazing! I did miss a call on the way home today from a job this morning that didn’t ring through while on the phone.

Now it’s just a password battle. I remember my house phone number growing up, passwords now a days get written in the schedule book... which can be hard to find. Got into my bank account, business email, so the big things are done.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,356 Posts
That’s shytty for business.
I’m still using a iPhone 8, but since the last update, a few things are fcuky..
mostly the text chime doesn’t always sound..
I’m due for an update..

side note:
my daughter said today her iPhone has shyt the bed lately..
so looks like we both, I mean I’m needed to buy new phones soon..

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
For a decade I used the same model of phone, HTC droid incredible released in 2009. Didn't have 4g and they're going to be ending 3g some time. For about a year I have been using the Motorola XT926 released in 2012. I went through about a dozen of the old one and at ~20$ mint used each they were pretty good. The "new" one is alright, only on my 3rd lolz. The screens crack more easily being so big. Only cracked one screen on the old model. I miss my old phone. I really miss my razr flip phones.

·
Super Moderator
9,661 Posts
Moto G4 play and I love it. I got that one because I saw a guy testing it out by setting fire to it and the screen came back, it was pretty damn tough because he bent it and still kept on going. It's basic too, no fancy gizmos.

Only problem are the belt cases, the company who I bought them from don't make them anymore so I have 4-5 cases where the clip broke off so I melted some plastic to fix them.

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
I resisted as long as I could not to get a smart phone,I like the flip phone and easy use..but verison is ending any 3g support that runs those phones..so I went with a samsung galaxy A01..I had an upgrade credit on my account so I got it for free..it was $150 if I had to buy it..fuk that $1000+ for a fuking cell phone that only lasts a few years..
and now I have to have a data plan another $30 a month, I dont care about the $$..I just want a easy to use phone..im getting use to it, so far I had it about a week..and I say this now..in a month or so I will probably say I should have switched over years ago, I did have a trac smart phone a few years ago, but never really used it..
the one thing I hate is when scrolling down on screens if you touch too hard it goes off onto another screen and you have to hit back to keep scrolling..
like anything else after a few months and you learn the phone and tricks it will be second nature to use..

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I resisted as long as I could not to get a smart phone,I like the flip phone and easy use..but verison is ending any 3g support that runs those phones..so I went with a samsung galaxy A01..I had an upgrade credit on my account so I got it for free..it was $150 if I had to buy it..fuk that $1000+ for a fuking cell phone that only lasts a few years..
and now I have to have a data plan another $30 a month, I dont care about the $$..I just want a easy to use phone..im getting use to it, so far I had it about a week..and I say this now..in a month or so I will probably say I should have switched over years ago, I did have a trac smart phone a few years ago, but never really used it..
the one thing I hate is when scrolling down on screens if you touch too hard it goes off onto another screen and you have to hit back to keep scrolling..
like anything else after a few months and you learn the phone and tricks it will be second nature to use..
I know a lot of people who held on to their flip phones as long as they could. Eventually I had to go with a smart phone. I have some LLs who only text. I have no idea what their voices sound like.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I couldn't agree more, it's a very eloquent statement. I still use the 5 iPhone, have not bought anything else besides it, although I have been loaned, several models. Since Jobs died, you could say the company has fallen apart. Yes, I agree, externally the phones are beautiful, cool. But the functionality suffers. I couldn't find a way to install the app. I had to look somewhere on the site how to do it. The official partner is silent, no one wants to do anything. I recently switched to android. How great is it when the phone is not smarter than you, but just a friend of the head.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Even if you have already bought a new phone, I know you can find trade-in programs on the apple website. But I have never used them. However, other companies also offer trade-in programs. I turned to such a service last year. I wanted to buy a new iPhone and sell the old one I had and add some money to the payment I received to buy a new phone. So I found a company that had such a trade-in program(it was buybackboss.com). I told them about the phone I had, sent it to them, and got a payout. If you are interested, you can read about how iPhone trade-in programs work. It can be helpful to know before selling a phone you have and to see if it's worth applying for such an offer.

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@OpenSights, I agree with the hell out of you. This is the most unfortunate phone model I have ever bought. Every year the apps from the Appstore get more and more glitchy and crash out. Just look at the reviews on the Appstore.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
@OpenSights, I agree with the hell out of you. ............
I know I've said it several times before, but COME ON!!! MICkhUNT

Now I know one of you is being a goof ball!!! Next we'll see a member with the name "Ben Dover" or "Harold Weiner"!!!

·
4th year apprentice
1,093 Posts
I swear to god this is true. I was at a major reptile breeders' convention in FL in 1996, and some smooth talking guy convinced a poor girl who worked at the hotel to page Mike Hunt over the PA system. Hundreds and hundreds of people in the show hall. You haven't heard louder roars of genuine laughter at a comedy show.

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I swear to god this is true. I was at a major reptile breeders' convention in FL in 1996, and some smooth talking guy convinced a poor girl who worked at the hotel to page Mike Hunt over the PA system. Hundreds and hundreds of people in the show hall. You haven't heard louder roars of genuine laughter at a comedy show.
Right over my head. Who TF is Mike Hunt?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts