Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Massachusetts. I was a pipefitter for 15 years before a serious injury prevented me from going back to work. I like to stay informed of the changes in the business so i'm always looking for new info.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
When was the last time you worked as a pipefitter? So what work do you do now? Are you licensed as a plumber, tell us more about yourself, where you live.

There is a HVAC forum you can join, since your field of trade says HVAC

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hired on right out of trade school in '83 but before my starting date they had massive layoffs and was never able to work there.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I was hired on right out of trade school in '83 but before my starting date they had massive layoffs and was never able to work there.

What do you do for work now?

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had an accident and lost 4 discs in my lower back and have 5 verterbrae pinned and screwed together, so to answer your question I am doing nothing except volunteering to help the elderely and drive other sick and disabled people to appointments.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap but this forum is for Pro's only, since your no longer active in the trades, please don't post to this site.

Thanks Ron.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I had an accident and lost 4 discs in my lower back and have 5 verterbrae pinned and screwed together, so to answer your question I am doing nothing except volunteering to help the elderely and drive other sick and disabled people to appointments.

Holy cow man. That is rough. I have back problems myself and my time is limited in this trade as well. I replaced a water heater friday that was too heavy *300 pounds* when I took it down the steps. It's sunday, and my left side of my body is still hurting me. It's going to take one stupid move and my career is over with in this profession.

Ron, by PM, would you give me his email address he logged into this site with? I'd like to keep in contact with this former tradesmen because he seems genuine.

I'm not nice enough to help others right now without reward, this guy is. I better prepare my cardboard box and urine jug for the prime spot under the bridge. :blink:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Ron, by PM, would you give me his email address he logged into this site with? I'd like to keep in contact with this former tradesmen because he seems genuine.
His profile does not want e-mail shown, so I have to abide to privacy policies. There is a chance he will see these replies via a guest member, if so maybe he will be in contact with you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts