Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
I am sure if I could see them I would be impressed.

Mark

·
4,710 Posts

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dell rugged, was going to do a panasonic but found out they suck to get repaired and no one can do it. Plus I have a 2200 watt inverter and spill proof battery inside behind the seat. I ran my camera off it the other day, it was great. if the main battery goes dead for some reason, then I flip a switch and the second battery starts it.

Today was the first real day I used the new set up, printed and emailed invoices to customers, I recieved alot of compliments and when I got home, I had 10 mins of paper work instead of an hours.

On top of all that greatness, I have internet access in the van to look up parts, part breakdowns, prices from fergusone online, anything I may need, I have with me.

So much cleaner and professional looking now.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
4,710 Posts
dell rugged, was going to do a panasonic but found out they suck to get repaired and no one can do it. Plus I have a 2200 watt inverter and spill proof battery inside behind the seat. I ran my camera off it the other day, it was great. if the main battery goes dead for some reason, then I flip a switch and the second battery starts it.

Today was the first real day I used the new set up, printed and emailed invoices to customers, I recieved alot of compliments and when I got home, I had 10 mins of paper work instead of an hours.

On top of all that greatness, I have internet access in the van to look up parts, part breakdowns, prices from fergusone online, anything I may need, I have with me.

So much cleaner and professional looking now.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
I bet I know where you got the idea for the Dell. I will be interested to see what you think of it.

Thanks-Mark

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet I know where you got the idea for the Dell. I will be interested to see what you think of it.

Thanks-Mark

I bet you do :whistling2: :yes:, I ordered a panasonic then cancelled it right away, I am so very happy I did !!! Dell in my mind is the best option! waterproof, dust proof, and I like their keyboard better.

·
4,710 Posts
I just ordered my youngest a new Dell laptop tonight. Overall I have been very happy with my Dells.

Mark

·
4,710 Posts
Now the pictures are up. Very nice Robert.

Mark

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I just ordered my youngest a new Dell laptop tonight. Overall I have been very happy with my Dells.

Mark

My review on Dells and I have owned a bunch, is that they are great but do have issues, BUT have excellent support if you are under warranty:thumbup:

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My review on Dells and I have owned a bunch, is that they are great but do have issues, BUT have excellent support if you are under warranty:thumbup:

I purchased the premium support and warranty. I am a big support and warranty kinda guy. I want extended peace of mind. :eek:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
that's really cool. i'm going to do the same thing in my van but with my older thinkpad t-30. what kind of stand/mount is that, how much $$ and where did you get it? it certainly does look pro.

paul

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's really cool. i'm going to do the same thing in my van but with my older thinkpad t-30. what kind of stand/mount is that, how much $$ and where did you get it? it certainly does look pro.

paul
the stand is a RAM-MOUNTS, it was around $300.00, I got the stand for the laptop, and a seperate stand for the printer, I didn't like where it put the printer, so I constructed a 1" nipple and a flange, and installed the printer stand away from the computer stand, but on the same base. You may like yours the way it is supposed to go, I didn't because it made the computer sit way to high. So I did my own adjustments, but it went perfect.

I will post pictures of what I am talking about in a few. The base and everything is aluminum, so it was real easy to wrok with.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet set-up, Robert. Your customers are going to be happier and happier with you. I have a feeling you will be a big success:thumbup:.

Thank you! ;) One guy thought I was a franchise yesterday, he was very suprised to find out I was the owner. not sure if people thinking I am a franchise is a good thing, but atleast I don't look like a single van hack company.

There is an apperance of dependability, stability and quality in my company which is very important for a 1 man show.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I purchased the premium support and warranty. I am a big support and warranty kinda guy. I want extended peace of mind. :eek:

exactly and that makes you golden,

I never had a problem with Dell support, They actually even sent my mom a new PC when her's was 2.8 years old out of the 3 year warrantee, cause they could fix it,

They never let me down either, They do have awesome pc support.

I use HP's cause I like them now, but forget about support:yes:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts