Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. New apprentice in the plumbing/heating world. Still new at it and learning the ropes.
Some may remember I was an airline pilot up until recently and was able to take a leave of absence for up to like 5 years. I'm in the late stage of getting the leave approved.

If the plumbing doesn't work out or I have a change of heart, I can go back. Looking forward to learning.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Doing it private working with a family friend at his small shop he owns. Apparently the licensing in NJ changed some years ago so I may have to go to school for classes as part of a “formal apprenticeship”

I thought it would be only practical training “on the job” like my early flight training but I’m trying to figure out if the class hours are necessary to eventually get my licensing. Trying to figure all that out.

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
I spent a few months in OJT before A-school for aviation ordnance. Really helped me. All of my plumbing experience has been OJT. For me, it’s the best way to learn! Book work sucks for people like me! I’d rather learn with my hands bleeding, and not from paper cuts.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Welcome aboard, great to have you.

What part of NJ?
The part with industrial waste everywhere. Wait a minute....

Jersey girls aren't trash, the trash gets picked up hahaha.

All jokes aside, glad you finally got your head out of the clouds and found a good career 🙄

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The part with industrial waste everywhere. Wait a minute....

Jersey girls aren't trash, the trash gets picked up hahaha.

All jokes aside, glad you finally got your head out of the clouds and found a good career 🙄
No jersey girls, I have the scars to prove it. Yes glad to have a good career now lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts