Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm happy to find a site to discuss plumbing related topics with PROFESSIONALS who value their license, education and trade.

I GOOGLED onto this site because I was seeking some professional opinions. I got just what I was looking for.

I am 35, live in central illinois with my wife and 2 kids. I hold a plumbing license and backflow cert. card. I enjoy tinkering in my shop and always have a project going...although some on this site have raised concerns about my sanity. I have welding equipment (MIG, TIG, O/A and plasma) as well as a couple lathes, drills and a mill to help make some of my ideas come to life...

My job is enjoyable as I do many different things. Res. plumbing, com. plumbing, Irrigation work, HDPE fusion on res & com geo thermal jobs, watermain work, repair work on equipment, bidding, material ordering, etc.

I plan on taking my med gas cert. welding cert. and valve repair cert. this winter at the hall.

A big thumbs up to you pros on this site!!!

Ross

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Hi, glad to see I am not the only crazy one!
Seems to me we have another plumber from your area. I am sure he will chime in.

Hunting?
Welder?
Sure you aint my brother?

Love guns
Used to weld untill I broke both my wrists.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Howdy Ross,
Where ya from in Central IL? I am in Olney. It's technically southern IL. 1 hour south of effingham. Get all the certs ya can. It may be the difference between working and not someday.

Do you have a tubing bender? You're my new best friend if yes:laughing:

I also like to tinker with metal in my spare time. Something cool about fabbing something yourself out of a pile of steel:thumbsup:.

Do you also drill the wells for geothermal. I just had 97 drilled and piped last year at 2 facilities. Might have to give you a jingle if yes.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
TCI welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Howdy Ross,
Where ya from in Central IL? I am in Olney. It's technically southern IL. 1 hour south of effingham. Get all the certs ya can. It may be the difference between working and not someday.

Do you have a tubing bender? You're my new best friend if yes:laughing:

I also like to tinker with metal in my spare time. Something cool about fabbing something yourself out of a pile of steel:thumbsup:.

Do you also drill the wells for geothermal. I just had 97 drilled and piped last year at 2 facilities. Might have to give you a jingle if yes.
Yes we drill holes. The company I work for has one small rig on a one ton, two medium rigs on 2 tons, and one rig on a tandem. We can handle any size job from the residential to 200+ ton commercial jobs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes we drill holes. The company I work for has one small rig on a one ton, two medium rigs on 2 tons, and one rig on a tandem. We can handle any size job from the residential to 200+ ton commercial jobs.

Almost forgot, we operate out of Goodfield, IL ... halfway between Peoria and Bloomington and work within a 2 hour drive of there, but if the job is large enough, we will go farther.

No tubing bender (...yet)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts