Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
I would’ve said your house but it’s doesn’t have Champagne finish and it’s not Kohler. 🌈🤣
sure wish youd call me breh or refer me to another plumber owner over there i could talk to. heard some things about how larger projects have to be done in that state.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,331 Posts
sure wish youd call me breh or refer me to another plumber owner over there i could talk to. heard some things about how larger projects have to be done in that state.
I have no idea. I don’t do large projects and never have. My business has always been repair and remodels.

These guys around here wouldn’t tell you anything even if I did know them. Honestly most everyone I know has either retired or is doing small work. The two guys that I knew doing hospital work has retired and one passed away. Everybody’s dead dude…….no bs

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
I have no idea. I don’t do large projects and never have. My business has always been repair and remodels.

These guys around here wouldn’t tell you anything even if I did know them. Honestly most everyone I know has either retired or is doing small work. The two guys that I knew doing hospital work has retired and one passed away. Everybody’s dead dude…….no bs

well, what i heard was that any contract over 75k required a general contractor license along with the master plumbing license. which i find really odd. Did some looking on the google today, there sure are a lot of plumbing & electrical shops over there. as in they do both. And, that the master plumber has to be on site at all times. Odd.

· 4th year apprentice
Journeyman
1,206 Posts
or a football stadium. Sword fight anyone? 😂 Don't cross the streams.
What's the proper etiquette in that situation if the guy in the middle doesn't flush? Who is gonna reach over from the left or right?
Whoa there bud, whatcha reachin for??

· Registered
53 Posts
Years ago we went to a Cleveland baseball game and the restroom had a trough that had to be 10 ft or longer. Well it got plugged up and
must of been like that for a couple hours because if was about have full of water and pee. Some drunk guy said I'll fix that and he took
his foot and kicked the exposed p-trap and broke it off and everything came gushing out and was running out the doorway of the restroom.
Glad I wasn't the plumber there. LOL

· Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,854 Posts
1- I remember using a trough urinal in PV Mexico at a Fiesta when I was about 10, it sat in the middle of the room, made out of concrete prob about 4’x8’x2’. it was very intimidating at the age of 10 peeing into a big box on the floor with grown men standing around peeing. If I remember correctly there was pipe hanging over it with a gate valve on it.

2- ice is put in urinals mostly because men don’t tend to flush when they’re done. The warm urine slowly melts the ice helping to “flush” away the urine. Urinal cakes are used for the same reason, but they just help cut done the smell of unflushed urine.

· Premium Member
519 Posts
We have various trough urinals around. Particularly at older commercial places like our fair ground and the Oakland Coliseum. There is nothing like some drunk dude next to you asking you if you want to play lasers (ok that was me, and I wasn’t drunk). The look on guy’s faces is hilarious.

I actually don’t mind them. Waterless urinals are FAR worse IMO.

· Registered
85 Posts
1- I remember using a trough urinal in PV Mexico at a Fiesta when I was about 10, it sat in the middle of the room, made out of concrete prob about 4’x8’x2’. it was very intimidating at the age of 10 peeing into a big box on the floor with grown men standing around peeing. If I remember correctly there was pipe hanging over it with a gate valve on it.

2- ice is put in urinals mostly because men don’t tend to flush when they’re done. The warm urine slowly melts the ice helping to “flush” away the urine. Urinal cakes are used for the same reason, but they just help cut done the smell of unflushed urine.
I used to work in a club and I’d be the guy putting the ice in the urinals. It definitely worked to lessen the piss smell.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,331 Posts
The clubs have been putting ice in urinals for a long time but the flushvalve still operated.

I’m speaking specifically of trough urinals that originally flowed water constantly while in operation. A few sport stadiums turned these valves off and piled the trough full of ice. Running water cost too much.

Then when the baths were renovated they removed the troughs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts