Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 75 gallon PowerVent water heater sitting at a house right now with my name on it to install, I'm tired, and I "just" got my internal hemmorhoids to stop bleeding just a few days ago.....and now this. :cry:

I don't want to do it but I got bills out the wazoo and the money I'm spending these days is atrocious with no end in sight.

More work is coming in day by day but I need relief from these jobs that require brute force strength without suppositories. :laughing:

Please, please help me. ;)

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Maybe you could just hire a day laboror to heft it in n out for ya...:eek:
Exactly, hire a young energetic guy like me that lives in your town, through him the keys and the tools and say get to work :)

"When I was your age I did 10 of these a day kid"

Just like that :)

Craigslist.org

"Plumber wanted"

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Da pain! Da pain! I can't take da pain!

Well, the supply house walked it all the way next to old one, the homeowner moved it out, took it out of my way, never touched the heater other than roll it a few feet! Wahoooo!

Took a long time to replace this heater for some reason but everything, everything was altered from the old one.

Turned out nice, made 3 clams for my efforts and the customer has hot water tonight.

Today was the perfect scenario for how I like to do water heater replacements, no heavy lifting and I made the customer work with me.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Today was the perfect scenario for how I like to do water heater replacements, no heavy lifting and I made the customer work with me.
So, whats stopping you sounds like it went well, try to set them all up like this......

I know , I know, its not a perfect world :)

Glad to hear it did go well.:thumbsup:

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, whats stopping you sounds like it went well, try to set them all up like this......

I know , I know, its not a perfect world :)

Glad to hear it did go well.:thumbsup:

Heaters are always price shopped heavily, and everyone wants cheap. I got this call because I've worked for the dad of this guy for years.

He loved the work, no complaints and a 3"-22 was the only thing that had me run off for parts.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Yea, don't you wish it all could be "word of mouth" work all day long,

I have some customers now for like 10 years and its so nice, they just leave me the cash and I do the work, no hassles, no bickering, no working me over to "tighten this" and "have a look" at this before you go.

So yea, I feel ya on that one, I wish it all was genuine work all day long....That's what got me into the net so much now,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Da pain! Da pain! I can't take da pain!

Turned out nice, made 3 clams for my efforts and the customer has hot water tonight.

3 Clams I wouldve charged 5 Oysters...:eek:

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 Clams I wouldve charged 5 Oysters...:eek:

Ahh but a gallon of milk where you live is like what, $12.00 ?

It's expensive up there in your neck of the woods.

I really didn't work hard, I felt like I was getting the royal treatment between having stuff handed to me and hauling stuff around, fetching tools.

·
Registered
141 Posts
well im glad my wife pays for the food.. I went today and picked up a small block of provalone.. a small dried sausage a loaf of italian bread and some peppers.. it cost me $41.00..

·
Registered
141 Posts
its getting rough man... I just got hooked up with a kitchen contractor.. its killing me it takes so long to finish with cabinets and granite templates .. I have a lot of money just waiting around... I like doing bathrooms done in a week or two.. or a boiler a day in and out...quick cash

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
its getting rough man... I just got hooked up with a kitchen contractor.. its killing me it takes so long to finish with cabinets and granite templates .. I have a lot of money just waiting around... I like doing bathrooms done in a week or two.. or a boiler a day in and out...quick cash
You think that's quick? I specialize in emergency plumbing repair and drain-cleaning. Most of my jobs take 2 hours or less and I collect immediately on every job. I can't stand jobs that last more than 2 days, I like a steady cash-flow.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
You think that's quick? I specialize in emergency plumbing repair and drain-cleaning. Most of my jobs take 2 hours or less and I collect immediately on every job. I can't stand jobs that last more than 2 days, I like a steady cash-flow.
Yea, in the summertime, I also run a swimming pool service and repair company, you want to talk about cash my friend :), I as well like a steady cash flow , thats why I publish on the internet , it pays my bills :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
i do some service mostly from old customers that ive worked in there house already,, but the drain cleaning thing is a whole other baby i dont do much of... i know its quick good money, just never got into it,,, A friend of mine makes alot of cash doing it...

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
i do some service mostly from old customers that ive worked in there house already,, but the drain cleaning thing is a whole other baby i dont do much of... i know its quick good money, just never got into it,,, A friend of mine makes alot of cash doing it...
I only did drain cleaning for a year for this commercial company I used to work for, personally I am like you , I rather do a boiler a day and make back,

With the right work flow and a serious helper a boiler a day is a breeze :)

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
We all have our particular niche. Lately I am turning away any jobs that take more than a day or two. I like to keep my schedule flexible and be available for all those emergencies. And plus, the bigger the job, the more likely people are to get multiple bids....so I rarely get them.
Emergencies are cool, because people are just happy that I show up, there is far less arguing about price.:thumbup: Well, that is my thinking anyway.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
We all have our particular niche. Lately I am turning away any jobs that take more than a day or two. I like to keep my schedule flexible and be available for all those emergencies. And plus, the bigger the job, the more likely people are to get multiple bids....so I rarely get them.
Emergencies are cool, because people are just happy that I show up, there is far less arguing about price.:thumbup: Well, that is my thinking anyway.
Yea, I agree, I used to work for another company and all we did was emergency service, it was kinda fun, cause it was just like "Yea, just do it"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts