Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
A lot of guys have told me that you can get a great deal buying equipment at the WWETT show in Indy. A company I use to work for got a U.S. Jetter for 15K under the regular price on it. Do you think I could get a better deal at the Pumper/Cleaner show, or at least save on freight shipping (which would cost over $2,000)?

I made the deal for my jet at the show last year. No big discounts. At least not from Harben, U.S. Jetting, and Mongoose.

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So I have it down between the Jetters Northwest 150 Jetter (4000/9gpm) and a Spartan 740 Jetter (4000/12gpm). The Spartan has more Gpm... Wondering with the higher gpm if the Spartan would clear and cut roots faster?

·
I Married Up
16,841 Posts
So I have it down between the Jetters Northwest 150 Jetter (4000/9gpm) and a Spartan 740 Jetter (4000/12gpm). The Spartan has more Gpm... Wondering with the higher gpm if the Spartan would clear and cut roots faster?
Maybe just apples and oranges at that point. Both taste good. Just pick the one you like.

I doubt you'll get hurt either way. Bulldozer is a big fan of his Spartan and their service. Many will say the same for JNW. I don't feel I am missing much with my Eagle 200 at 4000/9. You can move a bit more debris with the extra 3gpm but I doubt it will be a HUGE difference. With those specs, it might just boil down to price for me. Maybe tank size as well. I know I would not want my tank to empty any quicker, so the 12gpm wouldn't excite me without a bigger tank.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I've always thought 12 gpm would be the ideal water flow between 9 and 18 gpm.
I don't have a problem with the 9gpm I have but I'd consider the Spartan 12gpm on a skid if I were looking for another jetter. 18 would be over kill for me.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
I'd go for the 4012 but honestly don't think it matters. You're looking for a jetter for residential situations. I was having success with 4.5 gpm 3000 psi jetter so you'll be good either way.....it all comes down to what your expectations are. Since you're not doing before and after camera work then it's a null point.

The extra 3gpm will help with better nozzle selection but you will need to use 1/2" hose. 200' of 3/8 hose will cause a pressure loss of 1210 psi. 200' of 1/2" is 275 psi loss.

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well I sincerely appreciate the feedback and advice given by all of you. I bought a Jetters Northwest 150 Brute Trailer unit. We also added nearly every conceivable option to the unit. The great reviews from you guys made me feel good about the purchase. Right now we primarily only do residential hydro jetting and this unit serves all our current needs. The plan is to eventually expand into larger commercial and municipality jetting and at that time by a larger higher flow unit for that work.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Blackhawk said:
Well I sincerely appreciate the feedback and advice given by all of you. I bought a Jetters Northwest 150 Brute Trailer unit. We also added nearly every conceivable option to the unit. The great reviews from you guys made me feel good about the purchase. Right now we primarily only do residential hydro jetting and this unit serves all our current needs. The plan is to eventually expand into larger commercial and municipality jetting and at that time by a larger higher flow unit for that work.
We want to see pics while it's pretty and shiny

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Flyout is right, my wife and I had our second child today.

There is a 3 week build time for the jetter. It did have an option for antifreeze system but I decided not to get it as there is a simple way to circulate antifreeze without the dedicated tank. I put that money toward nozzels and other items.

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Hi, I’m in the market for jetter, and the Brute 4009 looks pretty decent, seeing that you have had it for some time now. Do you like it? Would you recommend it, what options are must haves and what are nice to have. I will be doing 4” draintiles and sewer laterals in Vancouver BC.
Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
9,228 Posts
Hi, I’m in the market for jetter, and the Brute 4009 looks pretty decent, seeing that you have had it for some time now. Do you like it? Would you recommend it, what options are must haves and what are nice to have. I will be doing 4” draintiles and sewer laterals in Vancouver BC.
Thank you for your time.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts