Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I have a duplex that just had 2 Navien tankless water heaters installed in each side of the basement (for each unit), each is a 199 BTU NP3-S2 Standard natural gas

1st floor unit - kitchen, bathroom, gas dryer, gas furnace
2nd unit - (2nd and 3rd floor) kitchen, 2 bathrooms, gas dryer, gas furnace

Only 1 meter right now coming from the basement, it's a 3/4 inch gas line coming from the meter that is used for both units, so in the basement it breaks into supplying both units (half the basement is for the 1st unit, the other half for the upper unit)

The gas line goes about 35 ft before it gets to supply either side,

I would like to know if the 3/4 gas line would be enough to supply both tankless units so in total 2 kitchens, 3 bathrooms, 2 gas dryers and 2 furnaces?

If this is not enough, doing a 1" gas line is a solution? or I could add another meter and have each side have it's own 3/4" gas line.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
If you can’t make that calculation, you are out of your league. Don’t mess with gas unless you KNOW what you are doing (ie, have a journeyman plumber’s card, are under the supervision of a journeyman, or have a contractors license appropriate for that type of work). You are quite literally playing with fire and your insurance company won’t cover it when you burn your house down.

You need to hire a licensed, insured, professional plumber.

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
If you can’t make that calculation, you are out of your league. Don’t mess with gas unless you KNOW what you are doing (ie, have a journeyman plumber’s card, are under the supervision of a journeyman, or have a contractors license appropriate for that type of work). You are quite literally playing with fire and your insurance company won’t cover it when you burn your house down.

You need to hire a licensed, insured, professional plumber.
Not to mention the liability of any deaths/injuries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts