Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nathan,

When I went to log on just now, I got the following warning from Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security

WARNING

"Phishing" Web Site

The web site you wish to open shows signs of involvement in "phishing," a scam in which a criminal's web site masquerades as a legitimate commercial site to obtain your credit card number or other personal information for nefarious purposes.

Close your web browser window and do not reopen this website.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Crazy, let me introduce you to my patented three-step process for computer and American Standard Vent-a-Way toilet repair.

Step 1. Uninstall the culprit and take outside to the driveway. Note: Drive must be a hard surface, do not use a gravel drive. Concrete is best.

Step 2. Raise culprit PC or potty over head and step out from under same, allowing it to free all to the ground. Throwing it straight down helps sometimes.

Step 3. If this has cured the problem, reinstall. If this has on the other hand damaged an obviously inferior product, replace with a good Toto WC or a nice Mac PC.

Thank you for using my patented three-step process to toilet and PC repair.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crazy, let me introduce you to my patented three-step process for computer and American Standard Vent-a-Way toilet repair.

Step 1. Uninstall the culprit and take outside to the driveway. Note: Drive must be a hard surface, do not use a gravel drive. Concrete is best.

Step 2. Raise culprit PC or potty over head and step out from under same, allowing it to free all to the ground. Throwing it straight down helps sometimes.

Step 3. If this has cured the problem, reinstall. If this has on the other hand damaged an obviously inferior product, replace with a good Toto WC or a nice Mac PC.

:thumbup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I would love to have a MAC; however, one of my software systems is not compatible with MAC. Don't know which one, but my computer guy says for me to convert would be expensive.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That may be your problem right there.

May I suggest visiting here and downloading the Firefox browser, it is a much safer and more stable browser platform.
:cry:I believe I know more about plumbing than I do computers. If I download it and do not like it, will I still be able to use Internet Explorer?

To demonstrate ignorance, I had to think a moment when you asked what Browser I was using. (Browser, what browser - I'm thinking Platform, Internet Provider, Search Engine - Oh yeah, Browser)

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Yes if you don't like it you can still use IE, but chances are you won't go back to IE

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
I have a theory that the nicest guys can also have the worst tempers.

Based on this theory, my money is on Double actually having done this in real life.

I can easily see myself doing it, as I mumble profanities and proclaim my victory....with startled customer standing by in utter bewilderment.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
:cry:I believe I know more about plumbing than I do computers. If I download it and do not like it, will I still be able to use Internet Explorer?

To demonstrate ignorance, I had to think a moment when you asked what Browser I was using. (Browser, what browser - I'm thinking Platform, Internet Provider, Search Engine - Oh yeah, Browser)
Yes.

Firefox is not as susceptible to adware as IE, since almost all scripts written are targeted to IE, although they are now targeting Firefox and Safari too.

I dislike Macs for many reasons, most of which is that it is not compatible with a few programs that I use the most, Auto Cad and Excell.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Firefox is awesome and I highly recommend it. Especially since version 3 came out. It's very fast.

Not sure about the phishing thing but it might have something to do with the server move we did last night and the fact that we are still updating nameservers. It may appear that we are not who we say we are because of the change. Not sure.

Let me know if it continues. THanks.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I almost never use anything but Firefox. I browse forums on my Linux box and use it there and also use it on my Windows PC. The only time I intentionally use IE is when I have to work on a web page or something because the software doesn't like Firefox. That's odd, too, because I chose the Linux package - partly because i'ts cheaper than the Windows package.

I wouldn't want a Mac. They cost money and I really like free stuff. I would like to have a few of them for learning since I repair computers as a side job. As it is, I only repair PCs.

Interestingly, OSX is based on Unix/Linux type stuff. Earlier Mac software wasn't.

BTW - Plumbcrazy - I've noticed you have a problem when you quote a message. Here's the skinny:

Highlight the text that you want to quote in the post you're quoting from.
Copy it, either using the mouse right-click or the keystroke ctrl-c.
Paste it into the reply window.
Highlight it all by using keystroke ctrl-A.
Click on the little "quote" symbol that looks like a cartoon quote and the formatting will appear around the highlighted text.
Click on the end of the line and hit return to drop a line or two and start typing.

If you want to put quoted text in a message, then just paste and highlight what you want to quote and nothing else and click on the cartoon quote symbol. (Next to the picture symbol)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a theory that the nicest guys can also have the worst tempers.

Based on this theory, my money is on Double actually having done this in real life.

I can easily see myself doing it, as I mumble profanities and proclaim my victory....with startled customer standing by in utter bewilderment.
Well, my theory on the Vent-A-Way was that it designed by a bunch of wife-swapping LSD-using stoners. The idea was good, but the reality was a nightmare of polybutene whatchamacallits everywhere.

They did work, and they do flush well, but if anything breaks that is proprietary, its just a paperweight.

Now, if it were an old Case? Fix it, screw the cost!

I used to have a temper, before I got into plumbing. Plumbing, believe it or not, has taught me that stuff happens and getting mad doesn't help a thing. I learned that busting out the sawzall or torch, ripping out the problem and starting over was much for satisfying. And if they didn't want to fix it, I was fine with walking away too. LOL

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

:thumbup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I would love to have a MAC; however, one of my software systems is not compatible with MAC. Don't know which one, but my computer guy says for me to convert would be expensive.
I prefer to toss it out the second story window.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hate fire fox. had it on here for a couple weeks. Just could not get the hang of the thing. I get NO spyware or adware at all on IE.
It comes pre-installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts