Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
That's a good looking Apprentice you have there.

Mark :thumbsup:

·
master of disaster
758 Posts
the last time you ran thru a feildyou was probably being chased by the cops or a jelouse husband???????

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Where you from? ILL? Take that kid to O`hare and get him hooked on flying. Might cost you more to get him through college than into Officer Training, but his back and arms will lasy much longer. Cute kid....maybe he'll be one of those flying A&P's!!

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are about 70 miles south of O'Hare. There is a little airport in Joliet, and the planes come in right over I-55. Scary and cool at the same time.
Rockstar, I know what you mean about not knowing you could love someone so much. Sometimes it feels like my heart is going to burst with love. Then about a minute later, I want to wring their necks!

·
master of disaster
758 Posts
hey guys- my youngest is 29 and my oldest is31, take it from me they grow up fast! i missed alot of ball games, scouts,school fuctions due to building my business when they were young, dont!!!!! let this happen to you - i was afraid to say no to my customers, wish i could turn back time but you cant, GOD,FAMILY,&WORK-remember that!!!!! now i got two grandkids 2 and 10 to spoil rotten-all boys.
grampa leak1

·
master of disaster
758 Posts
by the way- when they were little they ask for dimes&quarters but now they ask for$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, just wait youll see!! leak1

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
leak,
my stepdad has gotten in the habit of paying them to help him do stuff like pick up sticks in the yard, or rake leaves, etc. All well and good, but then they expect me or my wife to cross their palms with silver when they do chores at home:eek:
Good training for a plumber. :laughing:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
leak,
my stepdad has gotten in the habit of paying them to help him do stuff like pick up sticks in the yard, or rake leaves, etc. All well and good, but then they expect me or my wife to cross their palms with silver when they do chores at home:eek:
Thats easy...
Give them chores and show them how it equals the rent they are being charged...
Give them regular raises and the rent also goes up...
When they get out of high school and start working the rent goes up even higher.
At some point it becomes cheaper to get their own place...:laughing:

When they go above and beyond the regular chores they can earn a little silver...

I call it lessons of life!

I'll tell you this...
Grand kids is really where its at!:thumbup:

I recall many years ago when I was young and carefree a bunch of us kids were playing at a construction site and we removed the blocks holding a large diameter metal pipe from rolling and we went inside it and rolled it all over the place...

Great fun!:thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You know I pay my kids for A's only in school or if they go on the job with me. I figure either way they are learning. My daughter rakes in the money and my 12 year old well he gets to watch my daughter rake in the money:laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts