Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My water heater just started leaking and think it won't make it till tomorrow.

Friend of mine will open ferguson for me now:)

Talk to you guys later:)

Fun Sunday..

Stupid 15 year old Junk:furious:

FUNNY, THE WIFE POSTED THIS AS ME

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts

Fun Sunday..

Stupid 15 year old Home Crappo Junk:furious:
AO Smith? Wait till Monday and get a tankless.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Fun Sunday..

If people around here get 15 years from a water heater they got an exceptional one. 10 years max around here, sometimes barely 7 years.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
LOL....better you than me!!!LOL

·
Banned
383 Posts

Fun Sunday..

Are you going to replace it w/ a tankless. May as well make a project out of it.:laughing:. Tell everyone at fergusen that Mike said to kiss his a:censored::censored:.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
put in an 80 gal. electric that way you can get a solar panel during the week and go solar. Let the gov pay for your heater.
You should hear what they are doing in Alabama:laughing:

You pay for lunch and dinner...of course the beer too and I'll drive down and we'll knock out a tankless! I figure between the two of us we could make it magazine wothy! We'll do a little clinic for all these guys! Ya got no kids you can live without hot water for a few days!! Hell, I'll even wire it for ya too :laughing:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wait I think you guys are missing the point. west coast knew he was on borrowed time but he tried to push it. If he was in a homeowners house and he knew it was 15 years old he would've been all over them to replace it. he's at the supply house because the wife told him to get it done.:thumbup::laughing:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
:jester::jester:

Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
He did not even ask us for bids, whats up with that. :laughing:

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
February 005.jpg

February 007.jpg

February 008.jpg

The water heater was actually an 18 year old American, go figure, I though I would get 25 years from it :rolleyes:

I put in a Bradford White, changed the direction of the water heater, the old onbe faced the washer, (an idiot installed it), and the washer faced the diferent direction, so I changed it up. I can now service the water heater if I have too. New ball valve, eq straps, gas flex and crv, flex lines, the whole 9 yards.

I was gonna do a tankless, but my property value dropped 100,000, so I said forget it, not putting any money into this place.

And as an added bonus, the laundry sink trap started leaking, well...it had a slow leak, so while I was there, I cut out the 11/2 durham 1/8th and galv fittings and installed a new waste arm and trap.

Those are my plumbing repairs for the year now.

Oh, by the way, was there a way to fix the old water heater?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Yea and where is the permit?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Lost 100k? If I lost that, my house would be worth _ing 0! So what's your house worth now with a new w.h.? 1 mil? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts