Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this fits in here, this is a bathroom I had done. The reason the toilet is on a 1-1/2" slab is because of the way the main drain runs. It was close to the concrete so I had to raise the toilet slightly, but it worked out like an ADA spec anyway. Tried it out, felt good! I actually done all the framing, finishing and tile work too. Dont laugh, it was the first tile job I ever done!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Sweat, don't tell the framers, or the others (if you know what I mean) you did all the work. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Looks good bro! Wish I would have done mine instead of shelling out 2500 for our floors to get done at my house.... but its done and Im still married

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice work for a DIY! Not a fan of the toilet slab:eek:but otherwise nice work.
The toilet slab was needed because the pipe was right at floor level and I needed to raise it 2" to make it work out. Turns a regular toilet into a ADA toilet huh?

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pro plumber, yes; pro tile setter, no; so aside from the plumbing it's a DIY job. Looks good though :thumbsup:
Actually, no. I am a VA state licensed building contractor with a building endorsement. This means I had to take an all day exam explaining ALL aspects of residential and commercial building codes of which I passed. Tile setter? No, but a DIY'er? No. Never was, never will be!

My other endorsements are
SDS (Sewage Disposal Systems)
BLD (Building)
PLB (Plumbing)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Actually, no. I am a VA state licensed building contractor with a building endorsement. This means I had to take an all day exam explaining ALL aspects of residential and commercial building codes of which I passed. Tile setter? No, but a DIY'er? No. Never was, never will be!

My other endorsements are
SDS (Sewage Disposal Systems)
BLD (Building)
PLB (Plumbing)
My apologies then, still looks good though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts