Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, mine should be the last, but they froze over the weekend!

Got down to 4 degrees! My washer sits on a porch with the water lines in the open!

I know, I am supposed to be a plumber. I just dont feel like working on mine on my days off!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Stop whining and fix your pipes. :laughing:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
We had one freeze in the milkhouse at the farm. It got to -2 here.

1" galvanized froze right at the floor level.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MJ, Thats what I was thinking dude:thumbsup:

I will go to ct and see if some roofer could give me a price on thawing out my pipes:laughing:

·
Banned
239 Posts
my well pump went last summer and i pulled the pump and the pitless adaptor seized so i couldnt get it sealed again....so i droped a new pump down and then got way to busy to F*** around with the pitless so i put a 1" t with nip and cap on one end and boiler drain on other end....so the well casing supports the drop pipe took hose drilled hole thru the bond and fed hose to well tank and im back feeding tank...hose is laying on ground...i bendt ball cock arm on toilet so it just runs constantly....its been below zero all week here and water hasnt froze....should of fixed pitless when it was warm

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Funny thing is, plumbers have crappy plumbing, carpenters houses are falling down, and doctors are always sick. not always true, but this is the case alot of times.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
It took me about 1.5 years to install a widespread faucet I had in the bathroom cabinet, I didn't do it until my inlaws were on there way from, Europe

The master bath toilet ran forever before I rebuilt it.........it just sucks to have to do it for free.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
weather

It down right cold last week. Wed. was -2 Thurs was -8 and Fri. was- 12 Not sure what wind chill was but I figure -10 more degress. Busted and frozen pipe calls :thumbup: I gotten a call today before I left for Church. I told they guy were closed on Sundays. I gave him a # to another plumbing Co. that I know and trust. Those last 3 days I pulled my guys off the 31 unit building we are doing and have them run service to keep them in heated areas.

·
Banned
383 Posts
It took me about 1.5 years to install a widespread faucet I had in the bathroom cabinet, I didn't do it until my inlaws were on there way from, Europe

The master bath toilet ran forever before I rebuilt it.........it just sucks to have to do it for free.
invoice yourself, and pay it out of petty cash and go to happy hour and talk about toilets, WRITE OFF!:laughing:

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
I have a fill valve that howls like a ghost every night. It wakes me up all the time. Been happening since before Christmas. Maybe its time to "Call a Plumber"?
My shop is out back. 15 paces at the most. But really, does an accountant want to do his taxes after work? I thing not. Does a hair stylist want to cut her husbands hair at home? Does a gas jockey go to "self serve"?.
I think not!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts