Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It does it all. I getting the tazer attachment for non-paying customers.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Love the Great Stuff.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Is it plumbed in backwards, is not the blue handle suppose to go on the right side of heater, or are we color blind? :laughing:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I get it now the inspector said insulate the lines, and that's what got done.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Is it plumbed in backwards, is not the blue handle suppose to go on the right side of heater, or are we color blind? :laughing:
Come on Ron, every one knows it is a HOT water heater, so there must be HOT water coming in! If it were cold water coming in it would be called a water heater:laughing:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The valves are for the solar loop. It's a solar heater. BTW great stuff is a great pipe insulator. It's R-value it 6-7 per inch. Way better than armaflex. It just takes FOREVER to install and looks crappy.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Yeh, but the blue is still the inlet side of the loop right? So I would think that side should be blue so as to indicate inlet

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For that heater you can put the supply and return on which ever side you want. You just have to change the dip tubes around. Other than esthetics, it doesn't matter.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
For that heater you can put the supply and return on which ever side you want. You just have to change the dip tubes around. Other than esthetics, it doesn't matter.

I never thought of it like that.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I use armaflex on other people's plumbing. I used the foam on my heater because I don't care how it looks and installed time was not a factor. I would just crack open a cold one and a can of foam when I was board.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts